Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Anyone OC on the main line?

I see all these posts by OCers and everyone is in a more rural area or, maybe outside Pittsburgh.

I have never seen anyone OC. I also have only spotted two people printing while CCing and I look over everyone I see who seems like a possible canidate (and that is a lot of people). I know lots of people, at least in raw numbers, carry around here, but I get the sense that it is mostly left locked in the car. I have, on rare occasion, taken the dog for a walk at night while OCing or while around the yard doing work, but no one is around and it is too dark to tell so I guess that does not really count.
    The above is not legal advice and is for discussion purposes only. Do not rely on anything posted. If you have a legal question, retain a lawyer.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Anyone OC on the main line?

Quote Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
    I see all these posts by OCers and everyone is in a more rural area or, maybe outside Pittsburgh.

I have never seen anyone OC. I also have only spotted two people printing while CCing and I look over everyone I see who seems like a possible canidate (and that is a lot of people). I know lots of people, at least in raw numbers, carry around here, but I get the sense that it is mostly left locked in the car. I have, on rare occasion, taken the dog for a walk at night while OCing or while around the yard doing work, but no one is around and it is too dark to tell so I guess that does not really count.
    Now and again I do, but mostly CC. Look up "LPRGCFrank" on the board, he has a whole thread on his main line OC adventures along with a google map! Where abouts do you live if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Wayne.

(Delaware County)

A couple miles up the road from you. Rather not say the exact town, but most certainly in the heart of the main line. PM me if you want to have an informal get together.

Thanks! I will look up the thread.

Wow, read both the threads. Great show. Surprised I never saw him. My only disappointment is the lack of OC in montco/lower merion. I know a couple cops in LM and one is really cool (I explained to him why carrying my SBR was legal--he actually looked it up and when I saw him again said i was right) and the other is so so based on reputation.
    Last edited by evilfij; September 4th, 2009 at 12:40 AM.
    The above is not legal advice and is for discussion purposes only. Do not rely on anything posted. If you have a legal question, retain a lawyer.

(Delaware County)

I've lived on the Main Line my entire life (50+ yrs.)

I've seen one guy OC in all those years, one. At my gym. I was amazed that he was comfortable tucking his gun into his locker behind a cheesy $6 master dial combination lock, but I guess he figured it was safer there than locked in his car.

I've spotted a couple guys cc'ing, now that I'm actually looking for it, generally when they're wearing too short an untucked shirt. I guess under that circumstance we could say they're almost open carrying.

I must admit that in the past I wasn't the most alert guy when it came to looking for OC or CC so I'm sure there are more out there.

And I'm right in LPRGCFrank's neighborhood and have never seen him. Now I'm gonna keep an eye open for him, sounds like he'll be pretty easy to spot.

DM

(Indiana County)

OCed at the Johnstown, Pa. railroad station. That's on the Main Line.

(Montgomery County)

I OC from Narberth to Paoli regularly.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by dm_n_stuff View Post
    And I'm right in LPRGCFrank's neighborhood and have never seen him. Now I'm gonna keep an eye open for him, sounds like he'll be pretty easy to spot.

DM

I have lived here for 28 years, not counting 4 (ok, maybe 5) away at college. I live, I believe, three blocks from Frank. We frequent all the same stores. My street is smack dab in the middle of the "walking route" on his google map. I have NEVER seen him. Check that, I garuntee I've seen HIM, just never noticed him OC'ing. In fact, I've never seen anybody OC around here. Granted, I only started noticing maybe 4-5 years ago, but still. I mostly do a half assed brand of CC that I'm sure is OC to anybody who cares to notice.
    "Things have taken a turn for the surreal." - Capt. John Miller

(Delaware County)

Perhaps a "Main Line OC lunch" is in order??
    "Things have taken a turn for the surreal." - Capt. John Miller

(Montgomery County)

Sure - where did you have in mind?
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

(Delaware County)

I've been OCing in Berwyn lately. I don't live there, but I open carry there and everywhere else I go.

This week I've been down at Columbus Blvd. & Reed St. doing my open carry thing. I get some whacky looks from some people.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast