Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clays in Berks?

(Berks County)

Default clays in Berks?

Just wondering.....is there any good places for a newbie to shoot/learn clays around the Reading area?

I shot for the 1st time last weekend (with a buddy throwing them for me) and had a BLAST.....but I'd like to take the "next step" and learn & actually do a shoot. I'm not new to guns at all and don't hunt, but like I said I had soooo much fun. I just got my shotgun, and would like to put it to good use!

So, any ideas where I should start?

Thanks!

(Berks County)

Default Re: clays in Berks?

I've shot here a few years ago at a friend bachelor party. Wing Pointe It was a nice place, just never got back to it. I like shooting at Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays. Or find a club that does trap practice shoots. I know Mohnton Fish and Game does them every Sunday morning and is open to the public for that. What part of Berks are you in?

-Scott

(Berks County)

I just became a member of Lebanon Valley Sportsmen Association and they have a very nice trap area. I think they shoot trap at least twice a month. If you live anywhere near Wernersville or Robesonia come take a look. Here's the website link:

http://www.lebanonvalleysportsmen.com/trap/main.html

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by awfroadan View Post
    I've shot here a few years ago at a friend bachelor party. Wing Pointe It was a nice place, just never got back to it. I like shooting at Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays. Or find a club that does trap practice shoots. I know Mohnton Fish and Game does them every Sunday morning and is open to the public for that. What part of Berks are you in?

-Scott
    I'm in Temple.....does anyone shoot at Neversink? By the looks of the website, it looks pretty decent.

Lebanon is a little far for me to go at this point....just getting my feet wet!

I shot a few rounds of trap at Neversink 2 months ago. They have the open to the public trap shoot on the first Sunday of each month. I would have went today, but I must have got the swine flu or something, and couldn't make it out this time. It's a decent place to learn or to practice. The range master is a really helpfull guy that will give you tips and guidance to improve your shots. I also found the few other people who showed up to shoot to be helpfull in teaching me some proper techniques, and I had a great time. They charged $5/ round of trap, which seems very reasonable. I just wish it was every week, and not just once a month. I may have to look into the Mohnton fish and game if that's every Sunday.

This place was also recomended to me, but I haven't checked it out yet. http://www.southendgc.com/index.htm

(Berks County)

Lebanon Valley isn't in Lebanon, it's on Sportsmans Rd. behind Wernersville State Hospital. My father and my BIL shoot clays there, my dad was a newbie and said they were really nice to him.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Berks County)

http://www.perrygunclub.com/

$20 to join $10 every year after that. They have a spring type thrower for the members to use when ever they want. They also have trap houses when they have their shoots. Just pay the membership fee and provide your own clay and ammo. I've seen people use it once in the year or so i've been a member.

(Chester County)

Cacoosing Gun Club

Club Type
    Public
    Contact
    Jack Babb
    Birdsboro, PA 19508
    (610) 856-1453
    Club Hours
    Saturday, 9:00 am - 1:30 pm.
    Sunday, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
    Thursday, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
    Sporting clays are shot on the odd Sundays (1st, 3rd, 5th). Skeet competition on the even Sundays (2nd, 4th). Skeet practice available during Sporting Clays. 5 Stand every Sunday. Thursday evenings skeet & 5-stand. http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/1540

(Berks County)

if you want to shoot trap, south end gun club on lorane road
    http://segunclub.tripod.com/
    they have shoots wed at 10 and most sundays.

(Berks County)

Just over the border in Montco just behind the Pottstown Hospital is the Lower Pottsgrove Sportman Association.

There is a Trap Shoot every Thursday night from 6:00PM till usually around 9:30 or so and membership is not required.

Also the third Sunday of the month (the 16th this month) there is a Flying Board Shoot, I just posted it in the events category. If you've never been to a Flying Board Shoot, it can be a lot of fun.

4"x4" pine boards with an 'X' scribed on them are tossed in the air (from behind a steel wall if you wondered) and the shooter who gets a BB closet to the X wins the round. So, skill can take a back seat to luck.

Bring a 12Ga, shells are provided.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast