Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Range that allows full auto in eastern PA?

Hey guys I've been looking for a good outdoor range where I can shoot my M16's and the rest of my title 2 collection (plenty of thompsons, mp5, uzi, mac's etc...)

So far everywhere I have found either doesnt allow them to be shot or there is a magazine capacity limitation in their rules. Personally I dont understand it, its not like im going to sit there and dump beta drum after beta drum, but I would like to fire some controlled bursts.

Anybody know of anywhere I can go and shoot?

(Beaver County)

Not trying to be a smart ass, but if you can afford toys like that...can't you afford to buy yourself a few acres of rural property and build your own range?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1002057 View Post
    Anybody know of anywhere I can go and shoot?
    Not sure how inconvenient it would be for you, but I know a guy from DelCo who goes to my range South Philadelphia Archery & Gun in Philly to shoot his FA. They'll let you do pretty much whatever you want there as long as you can do it safely, however you'll have to leave your Ma Deuce at home because they drawn the line at .50s. I shoot my M16 there once a week usually. If you ever want to go there shoot me a private message and perhaps we can meet up and I can get you in as a guest to check it out.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Demko View Post
    Not trying to be a smart ass, but if you can afford toys like that...can't you afford to buy yourself a few acres of rural property and build your own range?
    Sounds like a good idea, but no. Buying land is a great thought, but VERY costly. A chunk of land plus the material/equipment to build a range would cost more than my Bren. And thats a lot.

Myself, I inherited my pieces, so I'm not some rich guy who can just buy land and build a range. Also, if you bought your pieces just 10 years ago, they were a LOT cheaper than today. Probably the difference between $10k-$20k then and upwards of a $100k today.

Just because someone bought a Ferrari, doesnt mean they can build a race course

Oh, and I think I'm resigned to the fact that I need to make some road trips to Consolidated Sprotsman's in North Central PA. There are indoor range I can go to for my stuff, but I like the fresh air to blow away some of the ammo fumes, and also shooting at something further than 25 yards.
    Last edited by GeorgeF; September 11th, 2006 at 02:26 PM.

(Beaver County)

Up in Jefferson county it's still possible to buy property for a few thousand dollars an acre, particularly if you're talking about buying something like property that has been stripped and backfilled. Okay, not everybody who owns class 3 stuff is rich, but if you can afford
    M16's and the rest of my title 2 collection (plenty of thompsons, mp5, uzi, mac's etc...)
    (note that everything is plural) then 60k for an old farm_complete with farmhouse_shouldn't be out of your reach...and in Western PA it isn't that difficult to find property matching that description for sale. Maybe things are different down east...

(Montgomery County)

Ugh, thats one dream - to have a chunk of land bordering some place inhospitable or inaccessible (state land, mountain, etc). And then build small cabin and range.

Out here in the East its very pricey for land - maybe some day...

(Bucks County)

Yes, I've actually thought about buying some property, and yes I do have the money to do so, but it isnt necessarily the best route. What I have noticed is many of the townships have a "No gunning" law on the books which means you cant set up a range, even on your own property.

Otherwise I would go shoot on my friends farm right up the road from me.

And as for my collection, I bought early and held onto alot of stuff. Some of it was inherited (Thompsons). The last few years Ive just been in a process of getting rid of the stuff that I dont want anymore and gettting the stuff I enjoy.
    Last edited by Sam1002057; September 14th, 2006 at 10:52 AM.

(Bucks County)

An indoor 25 yd range that allows full auto is Classic Pistol:

www.classicpistol.com

I know they rent them -- not sure what the policy is for bringing them...best to call ahead.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Range that allows full auto in eastern PA?

yes you can rent or bring your own to shoot. I shoot my UZI and MAC once a week there. I have a membership there.I think it was $250.00 for a year but that was last feb. I think it went up to $300.00. nice people too.

Default Re: Range that allows full auto in eastern PA?

+1. The best place to shoot. No range nazis there..

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    An indoor 25 yd range that allows full auto is Classic Pistol:

www.classicpistol.com

I know they rent them -- not sure what the policy is for bringing them...best to call ahead.
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast