Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: H.R 2640

(Allegheny County)

Default H.R 2640

Looking to clarify this. I had posted a question regarding expungment of a civil commitment a few months ago. I was invol committed when I was 15, a few days after my eighteen year old sister passed away, and I was refusing to attend school so my mother had me commited. I was released a few days later saying there was nothing that said I was a danger to anyone. However, now being 25 I am unable to purchase a firearm. Furthermore, will this new bill if passed save me from the trouble of petitioning a court to expunge my record? Any information would be great! Thanks.

(Lancaster County)

Exclamation Re: H.R 2640

Sorry to break this to you.

It is widely reported that this bill and it's predecessor HB 267 both by two of the most anti-gun Congresspersons MCCarthy and Dingle, are a danger to the liberty of people just like yourself. Similarly, laws that have been enacted in the past, supposedly with remedies for people who have had their rights taken away, very few are considered and fewer still have them restored. Make no mistake - the people who are ramming this through, it passed by an unrecorded voice vote, and went to the Senate where I hope it dies - mean to restrict the rights of the American people to access firearms.

We are very opposed to this. My girlfriend, also a gun owner, has advanced liver disease and suffers a bout of hepatic encephalopathy on occasion. During which she seems confused and doesn't make much sense. She poses no threat to herself or anyone else, but bills like this would make it all to easy for a persons unalienable rights to be unconstitutionally striped away.

Please visit the GOA at http://gunowners.org and have a look at what they have to say about this bill.

You will need to retain a lawyer and go before a judge to have your right restored.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.