Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Sucks

(Lackawanna County)

Default Verizon Sucks

The title says it all. After 4 long weeks of no internet i am once again able to be here. I fought with verizon over 3 bad replacement modems, being told my phone wiring in my house was bad and my computer was the problem. After telling them that i was going to drop them and get a cable modem and use majic jack for internet and phone service did they admit that the problem was on their end and fix it. Did i mention that VERIZON STILL SUCKS.
    redeye202

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Verizon Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    The title says it all. After 4 long weeks of no internet i am once again able to be here. I fought with verizon over 3 bad replacement modems, being told my phone wiring in my house was bad and my computer was the problem. After telling them that i was going to drop them and get a cable modem and use majic jack for internet and phone service did they admit that the problem was on their end and fix it. Did i mention that VERIZON STILL SUCKS.
    redeye202
    Thats because their new workers are idiots and could not troubleshoot a repair if they had the book in front of them. And yes they still suck, and this is coming from a former verizon employee, who was tired of all the f**kups.

(Allegheny County)

I love my verizon fios. It has never gone down or had a problem. I have had verizon for internet since 1999 and rarely had a problem. Comcast on the other hand when I had them they totally sucked and went down all the time and I rarely got the speeds they said I should..
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

(Washington County)

3 modems? Sounds like you do have issues in your telephone wiring. My father had issues like that, and once we ran a new line from the phone box to the network cluster, the issues went away.

Same with fios or cable, old coax lines will cause issues. Its not their idiocy, its your infrastructure that is aging and needs upkeep, just like anything else in the world.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Himni View Post
    I love my verizon fios. It has never gone down or had a problem. I have had verizon for internet since 1999 and rarely had a problem. Comcast on the other hand when I had them they totally sucked and went down all the time and I rarely got the speeds they said I should..
    I agree! we got fios a while back and have had zero problems with the service. also, it's freakin' fast too.

(Lackawanna County)

Thanks for your thoughts, looks like im at the mercy of the gods where internet is concerned, i have talked to people that have Adams cable and are very happy with it,but i can't get their service where i live.
    redeye202

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    redeye202
    as soon as you tell any ISP you're switching they try to do as much as possible to keep you.

but damn..4 weeks..there's NO WAY I'd wait that long..I get pissy when my cable goes down and it can't be fixed in 2-3 days.

as for the magic jack..it works great. I bought 1 for my mom because it's only $20/year and where she lives ANY cell phone service is so spotty no matter who the carrier is. I'm thinking of getting 1 myself. nothing pisses me off more than being in the middle of a phone conversation and your cell phone signal fades away and you drop the call.

$20/year FTW
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    3 modems? Sounds like you do have issues in your telephone wiring. My father had issues like that, and once we ran a new line from the phone box to the network cluster, the issues went away.

Same with fios or cable, old coax lines will cause issues. Its not their idiocy, its your infrastructure that is aging and needs upkeep, just like anything else in the world.
    I took the modems, an extention cord to power the modems and the verizon tech. out to the box where their line transitions to my house wiring and connected their line into the modems and could not get them to lock on to the signal on their lines. Also i have a 2 yr old line that is just for the modem/computer,no phones are on it.
    redeye202

(Jefferson County)

How else are we to drive away our customers so that we can justify selling of the landline so that we can do everything wireless or by fiber?? ....bad service!
    Last edited by knight0334; September 2nd, 2009 at 02:12 PM.

(York County)

Thats the best way to deal with companies like Verizon. If they are feeding you bullshit, just threaten to go to a competitor. Most of the time they will get the message and get their ass in gear.
    "A peaceful mind generates power"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast