Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: JULY Pgh Area PAFOA GROUP SHOOT! Sun, JULY 8th @ 9am, All WELCOME!

I've just sent them each a "personal" invitation! (27hand and FullAuto223)
    Hope they can both make it. Good guys.

Oh, and it looks like we WILL be using a different part of the club this time!

The pistol range next to the rifle range will be occupied by another event so we will move our group shoot to the bays "up back". (I'll explain further later) Essentially, there are several shooting areas with high, dirt "walls" on three sides. (sort of like at Greater Pgh Gun Club) each of these bays are large enough to provide plenty of shooting space for all. There are a few with roofs over the area where you shoot from as well.

Perhaps SteveD, Roland or Bear Titan can give a better description? Do any of you have photos of this part of the club? I know I saw a photo or vid clip of the "shoot house" somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it to post a shot of it.

This "move" could have the potential to make for an even better group shoot! Can't wait!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

You guys will love it. I will leave it at that. I will get together with Steve and Roland to see what we can set up to make this the best shoot yet. Bring all your mags and bring lots of ammo. I am sure that there will be plenty of 9MM, .45, and .40 pistols there, so if you don't have one, pick up some ammo and get ready to shoot.

The only caveat is that there won't be anywhere to shoot the really long bolt-action guns (unless you want to shoot at 25 yards). Carbines (AK, AR, FAL, 1022) and any type of magazine-fed (SKS) rifle are great fun with IPSC targets. I think much more fun than throwing tons of lead at the 50 yard range and having no idea where you are hitting.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Allegheny County)

BT, you're right... this IS going to be better and I thank you guys in advance for the help setting things up!

I was worried about the lack of an area for "long range" rifle shooting, but we can use that BIG bay and it's certainly farther than 25 yards.
    It's not a competitive "target match" anyway and most of us with rifles are just happy to let other people shoot our guns to try them out!

Example:

"Nice rifle!"
    "Thanks, (fill in personal story about said rifle here) WANNA SHOOT IT?!!!"
    "Are you SURE?" "I don't wanna use up your ammo."
    "Shoot it - that's why I brought it!"
    (followed by quick explanation of rifle operation/safety location)
    BANG!
    BANG!
    BANG!
    BANG!

(LARGE SMILE) "THANKS! Nice rifle!"

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I've just sent them each a "personal" invitation! (27hand and FullAuto223)
    Hope they can both make it. Good guys.

Oh, and it looks like we WILL be using a different part of the club this time!

The pistol range next to the rifle range will be occupied by another event so we will move our group shoot to the bays "up back". (I'll explain further later) Essentially, there are several shooting areas with high, dirt "walls" on three sides. (sort of like at Greater Pgh Gun Club) each of these bays are large enough to provide plenty of shooting space for all. There are a few with roofs over the area where you shoot from as well.

Perhaps SteveD, Roland or Bear Titan can give a better description? Do any of you have photos of this part of the club? I know I saw a photo or vid clip of the "shoot house" somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it to post a shot of it.

This "move" could have the potential to make for an even better group shoot! Can't wait!
    I have pics here http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7t3ct/P...PMSCindex.html. (ETA: Fixed the link)

EM,

I'm trying to coordinate a private class on either July 1 or July 8. I'll only need one of the smaller bays in the IPSC area. Not even sure what date but I'm actually hoping it doesn't fall on the 8th cuz I was hoping to make this shoot with you guys.
    Last edited by TonyF; June 22nd, 2007 at 12:27 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    I have pics here http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7t3ct/P...PMSCindex.html. (ETA: Fixed the link)

EM,

I'm trying to coordinate a private class on either July 1 or July 8. I'll only need one of the smaller bays in the IPSC area. Not even sure what date but I'm actually hoping it doesn't fall on the 8th cuz I was hoping to make this shoot with you guys.
    Tony,
    AWESOME! THANKS!!! I think those are the pics I saw! (from FIRE site maybe?)

Also, you're starting to be a real PITA w/ these shoot schedules pal!
    At least you don't have to worry about ricochets this time! LOL!

I was just about to send you an invite via PM... Hope you can make it!

(Beaver County)

Sorry guys can't make this one.... will bring my toys again another time....

(Allegheny County)

I'll be out of town again. Sad. Sad. Sad. Hopefully these carry on in to September and October. I think I will miss the August shoot too.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    JIMMY,
    Yes, it's shoot # FIVE! Come to the dark side! (You know you wanna!)
    Tell these forum members within driving distance of Pittsburgh how freakin' lucky they are to have an opportunity like this!
    I'm not saying it to be a smart-ass, I'm saying it because I hear how much trouble you guys are having with organizing a PAFOA shoot on the other side of the state and I thank my lucky stars I have a club that's willing to let us forum members get together like this!

This is a great opportunity to meet forum members in person. I can honestly say that I've only met a great bunch of guys so far and meeting many of them never would have happened without this forum and these group shoots!

Come on Pittsburgh, let's send some lead downrange!
    We can give those Easties a 21 gun salute... we'll videotape it and post it on the forum! Nah... better not, they may begin to cry.

Oh, and JIMMY... (inhale/exhale) I AM your fahther! (inhale/exhale)

It's good to see that you guys all have a great time and I just wish(sniff sniff single tear) That we could get it going on our side of the state.

Obi-Wan told me you killed my Father(YES I AM A STAR WARS GEEK)
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Allegheny County)

I see a few of you are tryin' to harsh my mellow by sendin' these "I can't make it" messages. Isss coooool, my fellas, your negative vibes can only mean one thing for me...

MORE COOKIES FOR ME!!!

(Allegheny County)

OU, OO, OUCH! Let go my arm. Ok, I'll bring the grill.
    How are we ever going to out do that last batch of food?

With grill comes the koli kitchenette, I'll have to find a knife for it.
    charcoal, lighter fluid, matches, bla bla bla.

Yes, I'll be there.
    In
    and all that jazz

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast