Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Smile Dinner w/Lisa & a Sig (Episode 4)

Good evening.

In this episode of Dinner w/Lisa and a Sig we have Lisa's first Sig Sauer P228 in neat-looking two tone. This P228 was purchased by me on 10 December 1997.

I never made any upgrades to this Sig, but it did come with SigLite NightSights already installed. Unfortunately, the useless assault weapons ban was in effect so this P228 came with two double stack magazines with large plastic inserts in the bottom of the magazines to restrict their capacity to ten rounds each.

This P228 is a full-sized 9mm DA/SA (double action/single action) pistol with a double stack magazine capable of holding 10 cartridges making this P228's overall ordnance capacity 10 + 1.

I grilled another hamburger tonight so that portion of the meal is a repeat. On to the photographs...

Figure 1. Lisa's signature grilled-to-perfection one-third-pounder hamburger made from 90% lean organically-farm-raised beef served on a bed of organically-farmed Romaine lettuce with sliced organically farmed vine-ripened tomato and red onion — all nestled in a kaiser roll and served with a generous portion of succotash; water and ice with a lemon wedge by Brita, P228 by Sig Sauer and white 100% cotton gloves by Sally Beauty Supply.

Figure 2. Close-up of awesome-looking two-toned P228 keeping me company while I eat my delicious hamburger. Mmm Mmm Good!

Default Re: Dinner w/Lisa & a Sig (Episode 4)

Just a question is there any noticeable difference between the 228 and the 229?

nice btw

(Allegheny County)

MMM...succotash!
    Sector-4

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ofc520bhpd View Post
    MMM...succotash!
    Why would you ever do that to perfectly good corn?????

(Chester County)

Post Re: Dinner w/Lisa & a Sig (Episode 4)

Good evening, ksig1869.

Quote Originally Posted by ksig1869 View Post
    The P228 and P229 are similar, but not the same. The P228 is chambered in 9mm only. The P229 was introduced by Sig as a .40 S&W and later offered in 9mm and the .357 Sig round when Sig (in partnership with Federal) introduced the new cartridge in 1994. In fact, in the case of the 9mm P229, the magazines are interchangeable between the P228 and P229. When I purchased my new P229 in May 1997, I opted for the classic two-tone version chambered in .40 S&W.

For a period of time in the 1990s, the P228 was restricted to law enforcement sales only. I had a difficult time obtaining my first new P228 for my collection in the mid-1990s and it was my former local FFL who managed to track one down for me sitting in an inventory bin with one of his distributors. Even though I purchased the P228 new (first owner) in December 1997, when I called SIGARMS to obtain the date-of-manufacture by serial number, SIGARMS told me that the P228 was manufactured in May 1995, which means it had been sitting around a warehouse or warehouses for two and one-half years. I was glad when I obtained it though; especially, in two-tone and with SIGLITE night sights.

You may find the following web-site of interest:

http://www.remtek.com/arms/sig/index.htm

I stumbled upon this web-site a few years ago and it has tons of interesting information about Sigs.

My P229 will be coming up in the meal threads soon so you'll have a chance to see it and compare it to my P228's if you like.

nice btw

(Chester County)

Is there any way for these fine photos we could find a different place mat that isn't quite so flowery? It kinda distracts from the pistol and good food. My daughter just noted that the onions made a peace sign...

(Chester County)

Smile Re: Dinner w/Lisa & a Sig (Episode 4)

Good evening, d90king.

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Is there any way for these fine photos we could find a different place mat that isn't quite so flowery? It kinda distracts from the pistol and good food. My daughter just noted that the onions made a peace sign...
    Awww... You don't like my pretty place mats? I do have some breakfast place mats, but I don't believe you'd find them anymore palatable if you don't fancy the flowery place mats in the picture.

I'm sorry, but the most masculine-looking things I own are my guns and ammunition. Pretty much everything else is all girl. Even two of my laptops are pink.

Try not looking at the pretty pink blossoms on the place mats.

Oh, you may inform your daughter that the peace sign in the onions was completely unintentional. Alternatively, if you feel like having some fun with her, you could tell her that the arrangement of the onions is a kind of Rorschach (a.k.a. inkblot) test and tell her she failed. LOL (That's my wicked sense of humor at work.)

(Montgomery County)

nice btw
    my favorite pistol has to be the 228/229 sigs. the 229 has a stainless slide while the 228 has a steel slide. there is a weight difference but they're dimensionally the same. As the OP stated only the 9mm mags are interchangable. you can also buy the 357sig barrel for a 229 in 40sw or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by lcompton View Post
    Good evening, ksig1869.

The P228 and P229 are similar, but not the same. The P228 is chambered in 9mm only. The P229 was introduced by Sig as a .40 S&W and later offered in 9mm and the .357 Sig round when Sig (in partnership with Federal) introduced the new cartridge in 1994. In fact, in the case of the 9mm P229, the magazines are interchangeable between the P228 and P229. When I purchased my new P229 in May 1997, I opted for the classic two-tone version chambered in .40 S&W.

For a period of time in the 1990s, the P228 was restricted to law enforcement sales only. I had a difficult time obtaining my first new P228 for my collection in the mid-1990s and it was my former local FFL who managed to track one down for me sitting in an inventory bin with one of his distributors. Even though I purchased the P228 new (first owner) in December 1997, when I called SIGARMS to obtain the date-of-manufacture by serial number, SIGARMS told me that the P228 was manufactured in May 1995, which means it had been sitting around a warehouse or warehouses for two and one-half years. I was glad when I obtained it though; especially, in two-tone and with SIGLITE night sights.

You may find the following web-site of interest:

http://www.remtek.com/arms/sig/index.htm

I stumbled upon this web-site a few years ago and it has tons of interesting information about Sigs.

My P229 will be coming up in the meal threads soon so you'll have a chance to see it and compare it to my P228's if you like.

Oh thanks alot. No, I have a P229 in 9mm blued and was just trying to see the differences between the two. So far I love it. No regrets just the price is a little steep.

(Allegheny County)

very nice Lisa, i had the oppurtunity to fondle a new P228 9mm yesterday and i must say, it will come home with me since it has been sitting at the gun shop for a couple years. just need to sell my Kimber 1911.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast