Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default CLEO options in Worcester

I've been tossing around the idea of forming an LLC or a Trust so I can send out a form 1 to put together an AR15 SBR, but the stories of invalid trusts and stuff makes me a little wary of doing that...

I don't really have a fundamental objection to getting fingerprinted, etc. but I'm confused about who actually counts as a CLEO to sign off if I do it as an individual... There is no local PD for Worcester township where I live, but does that mean I'm not able to go over to, say, Towamencin Twp PD and get their CLEO to sign off? I tried searching but I couldn't really find anything concrete. I understand that just random police officers don't count, but I'm trying to figure out who I could actually go to. My record is totally clean so that shouldn't be any issue.

Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: CLEO options in Worcester

I go with Lea & Perrins myself.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Montgomery County)

worcester is patroled by PA state police so my guess for you would be to go to the skippack state police barracks on rt113...

(Centre County)

County Sheriff should be able to do it. That's who we go to in Centre Co. (Sheriff Denny Nau, who is very NFA friendly).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

Apparently the Mongomery county Sheriff is very much anti-NFA and refuses to sign any NFA forms, period. Looks like that option is out.

I talked to the closest non-state PD (Lansdale PD) and I was told that the chief of police there signs NFA paperwork, but it would not count for me as an appropriate signature since I don't live in their jurisdiction. (I was under the impression that ANY chief of police in Montgomery county would work but apparently I was mistaken.)

So then I wandered on over to the PSP barracks in Skippack on 113... The guy I talked to had no idea what a Form 1 was and said he wasn't sure if they signed such a thing. He asked me if it was a Federal form and then went to ask someone else about the forms. When he came back he told me that he would give the forms to the Lieutenant, but that he wasn't in that day and would be in on Wednesday, so I would have to leave the forms with him and that he would pass them on.

So now my 2 copies of NFA form 1 are in the custody of the Skippack troop of the PSP. Everything is completed on the paperwork (Caliber, OAL, etc.) except for my signature , so I'm hopeful I can get the CLEO to sign off.

(Montgomery County)

I hope they do not lose your paperwork. Personally I would have set up an appointment with the LT...