Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Public Range or Inexpensive Gun Club in Susquehanna County

I hunt with a group of guys and we have hunted in Monroe County the last 15 years. The folks we used to rent from have sold their place. So I decided to move the group up to Susquehanna County this year. To tell you the truth the area of Monroe we have been hunting in has slowly become a green ghetto and it did not afford us the relaxing get away that most of us are seeking. We have seen way too many cars broken into along the road while people are in the woods hunting.

We as a group like to go out the Sunday before opening day and sight in one last time. Thus we are looking for a public range facility or a club with an inexpensive membership, preferable who accepts memberships without attending a meeting. I live in the Allentown area but the rest of the guys are in the King of Prussia/Blue Bell area of PA, South Jersey, one is from the Albany area of NY and the last guy flys in from Dallas. Thus I would be the only one who might be able to make it too a meeting if that is required for membership.

I am an NRA certified instructor and I can say without a doubt that when we are at a range, we are the safest group there. When we are at a range I normally stay back at the bench and act as the range safety officer. It just downright amazes me how many people will pick up a gun when there are people down range.

Any help or assistance would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Red; August 30th, 2009 at 10:47 AM.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Public Range or Inexpensive Gun Club in Susquehanna County

This is the only gun club I know of in SusCo. Check them out at:
    http://www.silverlakerodandgunclub.com/

I have no idea what is in the Forest City area and afaic there are no SGL ranges in SusCo. or Bradford Co.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".