Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Anyone here belong to Point Phillips Rod and Gun Club?

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    Thank you for your responses. After taking that into consideration I believe some more research is required on my part before I go to a board meeting. The rule makes much more sense now in that perspective, shame how an insurance company can dictate the rights of free men and women like they can. Maybe directing efforts more towards changing that end would be a start.
    Insurance companies are hard to change. To them it`s not personal. The actuarial looks at statistics and odds and makes a calculated decision as to whether they want to bet with you or against you or hedge their bet with a surcharge.
    They also have the freedom to insure who they will. The club then has the freedom to seek another company, self insure or roll the dice and go without. I actually know of a couple bars that carry no liability insurance.

That`s the beauty of living in a free and capitalist country.

(Lancaster County)

the club i belong to doesnt allow oc at all. and there is no alcohol either.

(Northampton County)

As a member of Ponit Phillips, and a holder of a carry license I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand I would like to be able to continue to carry while going into the clubhouse, and on the other fully understand that insurance, and the selling of alchohol on the premises must be seriously taken into consideration.

As it is, my carry gun stays in the vehicle when I enter the clubhouse and that is that.

Point Phillips is a good organization and we should keep it as such.

Roland, I'm not sure who you are off hand, but I'm sure we've met.

As a previous member of east Bath rod and gun for a good number of years, and having been a trap shooter for many years, I've seen many of the areas gun clubs, and I respect them for what they are and what they provide to their members.

It's not an easy job volunteering to be on the board, be an officer, or any other aspect of running a club because it is mainly a voluntary service.

So kudos to all that do it, as I have some experience in that aspect of things and know what it is about.

(Somerset County)

I think if you want to carry a loaded fire arm into the club house, your being unsafe, and looking for confrontation purposely. theres no need to, and your putting members in harms way. just my two cents.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by H20wellman View Post
    I think if you want to carry a loaded fire arm into the club house, your being unsafe, and looking for confrontation purposely. theres no need to, and your putting members in harms way. just my two cents.
    Here in America, we carry loaded guns all the time. Stop believing what you are told in the PRNJ.

I couldn*t wait to GTF out of that communist shithole. First thing I did after buying a house, was get my LTCF.

I*ll admit I was pretty apprehensive/paranoid when I first started carrying. After 20+ years it*s like second nature.

If you believe in freedom, head west on 514, cross the Han River, and don*t look back.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Erie County)

If it is holstered, how is that unsafe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Somerset County)

ive met alot of hot head here in NJ and a loaded side arm plus an adult beverage can add up to a dangerous confrontation. If im at a shooting range and policy states leave your gun at the door id respect it. thats my opinion. whether im wrong or not, if you can to some ones home and they asked to please leave you weapon in the car is it really the time or need to argue otherwise. some times confrontation to have certain rights can be a mute point. again im from jersey were conditioned differently.

(Monroe County)

You are joking, right?

ive met alot of hot head here in NJ and a loaded side arm plus an adult beverage can add up to a dangerous confrontation. If im at a shooting range and policy states leave your gun at the door id respect it. thats my opinion. whether im wrong or not, if you can to some ones home and they asked to please leave you weapon in the car is it really the time or need to argue otherwise. some times confrontation to have certain rights can be a mute point. again im from jersey were conditioned differently.
    While he first statement sounds like propaganda that Moms Demand Action would push, I can agree with at least some of the second statement.

If a range has a no carry policy for whatever reason, you most likely agreed to follow the by laws when you joined and that is on you. If it is something you vehemently disagree with get involved, get an understanding of why the rule is what it is, and try to get it changed the proper way if possible.

(Erie County)

If im at a shooting range and policy states leave your gun at the door id respect it.
    Two points wrong with this statement.

At a shooting range, I'd expect to bring a gun inside. I would never leave a gun at the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast