Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Anyone here belong to Point Phillips Rod and Gun Club?

Quote Originally Posted by H20wellman View Post
    ive met alot of hot head here in NJ and a loaded side arm plus an adult beverage can add up to a dangerous confrontation. If im at a shooting range and policy states leave your gun at the door id respect it. thats my opinion. whether im wrong or not, if you can to some ones home and they asked to please leave you weapon in the car is it really the time or need to argue otherwise. some times confrontation to have certain rights can be a mute point. again im from jersey were conditioned differently.
    Well, here in Pennsylvania you can drink and carry a gun.

You can go into a bar, and order a whiskey neat, and just continue to open carry like normal.

And guess what. Nothing bad happens. People do it every day.

If you are that hot headed the problem isn*t the alcohol, or the gun. It is you, and you shouldn*t have either.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Northampton County)

I've been a member of said club for 28 years. The only firearms I've ever seen in the building were raffled, occasionally bought and sold or in racks during a block shoot. The missus and myself used to be there every weekend back as far as the old clubhouse. To be honest, I always thought that the rule was in place because the crowd was rowdier back in the day. Seen some good fights brew up in there. One of our members(now deceased) shot a hole in the door of his own restaurant. I'm speaking of the now fancy place on the corner. That was two owners ago. On the rare occasions we go in now, it's really tamed down. We don't drink like we used to. Only a few of the old timers would remember us by name. Actually have to head in this weekend to renew.
    I just like to pop in every now and then to see what nancyinpa has for sale.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by leeam View Post
    They can't. They have the right to limit their insurance any way they please and you (and anyone) have the right to pick a different insurance company, or have none at all.

A lot of people call rights violations on private matters in which no rights violations occurs. Private businesses can't violate your rights, only the government can. To be clear, I'd love for an insurance company to allow loaded firearms outside of a shooting range. Seems kind of silly considering they insure businesses that allow loaded firearms on premises anyway.
    individuals and private business can absolutely violate ones rights. If an individual locks me in a cage are they not violating my rights even if they do not represent government?

(Allegheny County)

All clubs have rules. Most clubs are private entities so the rules don't infringe on your rights, they govern your actions while on private property. Much the same way that you determine what is permitted in our own home.

If you disagree with club rules, there are a three options:
    1) Don't join the club.
    2) Join the club and live with the rules. This does not mean be a malcontent, this means you agree to disagree.
    3) Join the club and run for President and/or Board of Directors. Keep in mind, most clubs have bylaws so changing the rules requires some work and a vote from the Board and possibly, membership.

Getting elected to the Board of Directors requires some effort so be prepared to work at it. During the course of that work it is likely you will find that seeming simple matters have a level of complexity that is not readily apparent. Those that preceded you in the club had sound reasons for making the rules, cost and availability of insurance are valid reasons. The rules can be changed, but first understand the reason for those rules.
    Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

(Somerset County)

kevin i know its a long shot but would you sponsor me so i can become a member once again?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123