Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Dove or Goose on Tuesday

Is anyone going to head out for some Dove or Goose this Tuesday, Sept 1st? Just wondering, I'll be heading out for some dove this week as soon as the weather looks good.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Dove or Goose on Tuesday

I have taken the day off on Tuesday for this fine event. Dove season is the start of the hunting season for me. It gets me all excited for the following turkey and deer seasons.

Brad

(Lancaster County)

If i knew anywhere to dove hunt I would be there. If anyone wants a tag along let me know. I grew up dove hunting and love it.
    No longer posting

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
    Dove season is the start of the hunting season for me. It gets me all excited for the following turkey and deer seasons.

Brad
    My thoughts exactly. I'm going out on Tuesday after work, and am off on Wednesday, so will hunt then too.

BTW - I've never goose hunted in my life. and never will. Just not my thing.

(Delaware County)

Well a couple of friends and I are heading to the Linfield game lands to see if we can find some doves. We will probably be getting there around 4pm. Say hi if you see us out there, I'll probably be carrying a Browning O/U or an old Savage .410 and wearing light camo with the proper orange over top.

Just a question that I have never known the answer to: Do you have to wear orange when Dove hunting?
    Last edited by Feddog82; August 31st, 2009 at 04:41 PM.

(Montgomery County)

This will be my first year for both. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do or where I'm going to go but I'm looking forward to it.

I was considering Evansburg because it is local and I've hunted small game there before. Has anyone hunted there for either dove or goose? Also, does anyone have any other recommendations on location or be willing to show someone the ropes one Saturday?

Thanks,

Anthony

(Jefferson County)

I'll be having to wait til Thurs, Fri, or Sat before I can depending on if I have to take a day for our 80hr work reduction over the next 10 weeks.

We just harvested our oats a few weeks ago and the fields were still polluted with birds on the is past Saturday - including a couple turkey and some pheasants.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soup View Post
    This will be my first year for both. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do or where I'm going to go but I'm looking forward to it.

I was considering Evansburg because it is local and I've hunted small game there before. Has anyone hunted there for either dove or goose? Also, does anyone have any other recommendations on location or be willing to show someone the ropes one Saturday?

Thanks,

Anthony

I have hunted doves at Evansburg, had pretty good luck too. Also had decent luck at some small area near 29 and Black Rock Road but for the life of me I cant remember the name of it. I also had good luck at Evansburg with turkey last year, which was my first. I am tied up Saturday but if you have any questions about good locations, etc. just let me know!

(Westmoreland County)

I will be okut for doves at noon today. I can't wait. Some of the best wing shooting around here.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    Well a couple of friends and I are heading to the Linfield game lands to see if we can find some doves. We will probably be getting there around 4pm. Say hi if you see us out there, I'll probably be carrying a Browning O/U or an old Savage .410 and wearing light camo with the proper orange over top.

Just a question that I have never known the answer to: Do you have to wear orange when Dove hunting?
    You dont have to wear orange until small game opens up. I will be going out on Wed. Godd luck everybody

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast