Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Two LEO non-encounters

Well I don't usually post my non-encounters, but since these particular ones involve LEOs, I figure they're worth talking about.

First one was on Tuesday morning. On my way to one of my Delaware stores, I stopped at a Wawa just over the border to rearm after my short trip through Maryland. As I pull into the parking lot, I see a white unmarked Crown Vic with a spotlight and black tinted windows, so that got my gears turning trying to figure out if it's an unmarked fleet vehicle or an auction car. I arm and holster and decide to go inside for a quick restroom break and some water. As I approach the front door, I see two big (6ft +, fairly well built) younger guys opening the inner double doors and heading my way. I decide to hold the outer door for them.

One stops right in front of me, the other bends over and takes a quick glance at some of the rental/real estate guides that are in the racks by the door, about at eye level with my holster. I see they are both wearing badges hanging from their necks and quickly realize I'm out of state holding the door for two plain clothes LEOs. The first says something to the one looking at the guides, then turns toward their cruiser, the second stands up, looks at me and says "Thanks, buddy" and goes about his merry way.

Second was just tonight at Sheetz in Morgantown. I pull into the parking lot and see a marked cruiser parked by the doors with a uniformed LEO rummaging through one of the passenger side doors. I park next to them, as there are no other spots available on that side of the building. I get out, hold the door for a security guard who happens to be leaving as I arrive, and the LEO follows me in. As I'm walking toward the computers, I notice his partner standing near the hot chocolate machine. He notices me, too. I place my MTO order and head for the drinks to get some water. The other LEO has now met up with his partner near the hot chocolate equipment and they appear to be conversing.

I grab my water and head for the cash register. Now I'm a little nervous because I carry my wallet in my right pocket. By now, one is standing by the candy looking sideways at me, the other is still nutsing around with the hot chocolate. I slowly and deliberately reach into my pocket, doing my best to keep my hand against my body and nowhere near the grip of my XD. I grab my wallet, pay, and go stand by the coffee waiting for my food.

There's another guy over there who -- if I may stereotype -- looks like your typical Harley guy waiting for his food. He notices me, too and can't seem to keep his eyes off my sidearm. The LEOs are still hanging back in the aisles, behind cover, but at an angle that they can keep their eye on me, and they are. Harley guy gets his food and leaves. The LEOs don't move. About 2 minutes later my food is up, I grab it, have a quick conversation with the associate behind the counter, and head for the door. By now, one LEO is still hanging out by the candy, and Hot Chocolate LEO has gone to pay. Candy LEO follows me out through the door and goes to the passenger side of his patrol car. I get in, start my 1.3L of rotary power, find some music I want to listen to, and drive away.

Totally uneventful, but very exciting to not have been bothered

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default Re: Two LEO non-encounters

Ya ready for the belt, mag holder and holster yet? You need more eye candy LOL.
    LOL, I am a woman...

LOL I've been meaning to PM you about that. PM inbound

(Northampton County)

Out of state OC, cops, Harley guys, hot chocolate - good story.

Quote Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
    Second was just tonight at Sheetz in Morgantown. I pull into the parking lot and see a marked cruiser parked by the doors with a uniformed LEO rummaging through one of the passenger side doors.
    I never knew cops rummaged through their own stuff?

There's another guy over there who -- if I may stereotype -- looks like your typical Harley guy waiting for his food. He notices me, too and can't seem to keep his eyes off my sidearm.
    Harley guy thinking: Kid's got stones. I should start doing that.

Well I don't usually post my non-encounters, but since these particular ones involve LEOs, I figure they're worth talking about.

First one was on Tuesday morning. On my way to one of my Delaware stores, I stopped at a Wawa just over the border to rearm after my short trip through Maryland. As I pull into the parking lot, I see a white unmarked Crown Vic with a spotlight and black tinted windows, so that got my gears turning trying to figure out if it's an unmarked fleet vehicle or an auction car. I arm and holster and decide to go inside for a quick restroom break and some water. As I approach the front door, I see two big (6ft +, fairly well built) younger guys opening the inner double doors and heading my way. I decide to hold the outer door for them.

One stops right in front of me, the other bends over and takes a quick glance at some of the rental/real estate guides that are in the racks by the door, about at eye level with my holster. I see they are both wearing badges hanging from their necks and quickly realize I'm out of state holding the door for two plain clothes LEOs. The first says something to the one looking at the guides, then turns toward their cruiser, the second stands up, looks at me and says "Thanks, buddy" and goes about his merry way.

Second was just tonight at Sheetz in Morgantown. I pull into the parking lot and see a marked cruiser parked by the doors with a uniformed LEO rummaging through one of the passenger side doors. I park next to them, as there are no other spots available on that side of the building. I get out, hold the door for a security guard who happens to be leaving as I arrive, and the LEO follows me in. As I'm walking toward the computers, I notice his partner standing near the hot chocolate machine. He notices me, too. I place my MTO order and head for the drinks to get some water. The other LEO has now met up with his partner near the hot chocolate equipment and they appear to be conversing.

I grab my water and head for the cash register. Now I'm a little nervous because I carry my wallet in my right pocket. By now, one is standing by the candy looking sideways at me, the other is still nutsing around with the hot chocolate. I slowly and deliberately reach into my pocket, doing my best to keep my hand against my body and nowhere near the grip of my XD. I grab my wallet, pay, and go stand by the coffee waiting for my food.

There's another guy over there who -- if I may stereotype -- looks like your typical Harley guy waiting for his food. He notices me, too and can't seem to keep his eyes off my sidearm. The LEOs are still hanging back in the aisles, behind cover, but at an angle that they can keep their eye on me, and they are. Harley guy gets his food and leaves. The LEOs don't move. About 2 minutes later my food is up, I grab it, have a quick conversation with the associate behind the counter, and head for the door. By now, one LEO is still hanging out by the candy, and Hot Chocolate LEO has gone to pay. Candy LEO follows me out through the door and goes to the passenger side of his patrol car. I get in, start my 1.3L of rotary power, find some music I want to listen to, and drive away.

Totally uneventful, but very exciting to not have been bothered
    Excellent post...but the big question is... did "hot chocolate LEO" get his beverage for free?

(Berks County)

i'll agree on the 'excellent post' comments, but i see it as an incomplete post without pictures of said "1.3L of rotary power". whatcha got? FC? FD?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
    i'll agree on the 'excellent post' comments, but i see it as an incomplete post without pictures of said "1.3L of rotary power". whatcha got? FC? FD?
    my exact thoughts

(Westmoreland County)

Good non-encounter... as it should be. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I'm very glad to be able to go about my life and not get hassled, and even happier to be able to share my experiences with all of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
    Haha! So glad you asked!

Last night I was driving my 04 NGM FE

And in storage, I have my pride and joy 93 FD project car

(Lancaster County)

Sounds just like it should be. Thanks for sharing!
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast