Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default "No Spy Cameras" in Lancaster

P.O. Box 1782
    Lancaster, PA 17608
    contactus@constitutionparty.org

Constitution Party Plays Prominent Role in Effort to Preserve Individual Libery in Lancaster, PA
    Groups in “Most Surveilled City” Say “No Spy Cameras!”
    Lancaster, PA ( August 26,2009) The Constitution Party has joined a massive effort to stop the country’s largest (per capita) “spy cam” program in this city of 55,000 . A protest is planned for Saturday, August 29th . The event is gaining national attention as individuals and groups join forces to end an Orwellian surveillance camera program that tracks the movements of ordinary citizens as they move from place to place within the city limits.
    “These cameras must come down. Social engineering and surveillance cannot be allowed to continue. What happens in one American city will surely spread, like a cancer to other cities unless we, the people, demand an end to it. This is a grave infringement on Americans’ 4th Amendment rights”, said Constitution Party National Committee Chairman Jim Clymer who will speak at the rally and march Saturday at 2:30 pm in Lancaster Square.
    “The right of the people to be secure in their persons and papers shall not be violated” means what it says, added Clymer who noted “The Founding Fathers were clear that warrantless intrusions such as the network of Lancaster’s city-wide cameras have no place in a free society”.
    Clymer will join Citizens Against Public Surveillance (CAPS), RepublicMedia and a host of others committed to protecting Constitutional liberties in protesting the public-private partnership between Bosch , a global surveillance product manufacturer and the city of Lancaster.
    RepublicMedia’s Sam Ettaro who has been exposing under-reported issues with the network of surveillance cameras in Lancaster wrote: “Concerns of conflict of interest include a Bosch employee on the board of the [private group that operates the camera system]... Executive Director of the company, Joe Morales’ [who holds a] seat on the [Lancaster] city council”. Ettaro has reported that the “Camera Monitor was FIRED after a background check revealed a history of harassment and impersonating public officials”. http://www.republicmedia.tv/-).
    The on-going protests demand “the full removal of the surveillance system, investigation into conflicts of interest, funding sources, and the use of gathered video surveillance data”.
    #

Constitution Party National Field Director, Gary Odom, is urging every Constitution Party member and supporter, not only in Lancaster County - but throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, who can possibly attend this event, to please do so to support the efforts of Jim Clymer and the other involved groups, and strike a blow for individual liberty and preservation of the 4th Amendment.
    For further information, please contact the National Constitution Party Office at 717-390-1993.
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(York County)

Default Re: "No Spy Cameras" in Lancaster

All those cameras and crime keeps getting worse.
    RIP -The US constitution.

So, the police will create a situation where people in public may be seen by other people.

Oh, the horror.

What's next, strangers will have special clear openings in the walls of their homes that allow them to look out and see you walk by? What would you call that high-tech advance? "Windows", maybe?

Have any of the people citing Orwell ever actually read 1984, or at least seen the movie? The evil cameras were INSIDE the homes. When you go out in public, people can see you, that's why they call it "public". The inside of your home is different, and there's a special word for it: "private".

You don't like being seen in public, then stay home and wear aluminum foil beanies.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    So, the police will create a situation where people in public may be seen by other people.

Oh, the horror.

What's next, strangers will have special clear openings in the walls of their homes that allow them to look out and see you walk by? What would you call that high-tech advance? "Windows", maybe?

Have any of the people citing Orwell ever actually read 1984, or at least seen the movie? The evil cameras were INSIDE the homes. When you go out in public, people can see you, that's why they call it "public". The inside of your home is different, and there's a special word for it: "private".

You don't like being seen in public, then stay home and wear aluminum foil beanies.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it

(Lackawanna County)

And don't leave your web-cam hooked up to your always-on internet connection!
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lancaster County)

I for one have zero issues with cameras in Lancaster. I can understand why some people might have issues with them but I gotta agree with gunlawyer 100%.

(Lancaster County)

I have nothing to hide. I wish I had somebody watching my neighborhood 24/7. I live in the middle of cornfields and some houses a few miles away have been broken in to. If they can catch a hood robbing my house or worse I'm for them It's better for police to catch them than me they have a better chance of surviving with a cop.
    I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

(Lancaster County)

people will argue over the effectiveness of this type of program, and start bringing up england where they just released a report about their program. as far as i'm concerned if these cameras deter crime, catch a violent criminal, or just make someone think about their actions a little more, thats a good thing.

i mean seriously, do the police solve every crime where there are no cameras? then why hold the cameras to high standard? think of the cameras as a police officer, how many break the law if they think that an officer is watching them?

think about, the only people that should disagree with the cameras are criminals because they are the only ones that are affected.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

Oh, the horror.

Glad you said it. Why is it people can't seem to understand that public spaces are open to viewing by all regardless of whether its direct with their eyes or through a video feed?
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't liek the ideas of cameras at all. Everything you do outside your house being recorded and retained indefinitely? What are the benefits? Having a recording of a crime? Having a sliver more hope in catching some mugger? Not worth the intrusion.

I don't like my image, behavior patterns, biometric walk profile, or anything else I do or say to be retained somewhere forever. The past should be the past. The potential for abuse is far too great to just sit back and take it. The I've got nothing to hide" mantra is distressing to me - who cares if you've got nothing to hide - someone's still watching. Everything we do or say on the internet is fairly permanent and discoverable by someone with enough resources. Even that makes me uncomfortable.

Would you tolerate someone with a notepad following you everywhere, writing down everything you do, all day every day? And storing those notebooks for eternity, and all of that information about you being accessible for whoever can scrape together a half-assed excuse to rewind and replay your life? NO THANKS.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast