Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Fairly boring carry week

I just got back to the Plinker complex with Mrs. Plinker after spending most of the last week in Beaver Falls visiting our daughter, son-in-law, and brand new grandson. The week was filled with lots of excitement from a familial point of view, some of which I have documented in another thread. I won't say more about that except that we will probably be making more trips westward in the ensuing years.

From an OC point of view, it was fairly boring. I was in Home Depot more times than I care to think about, buying tools and supplies for their "new" house. We were in Eat'n Park every morning for breakfast. It had a buffet which made choosing the appropriate food for a particular diet easier. I was in Walmart almost as many times as I was in Home Depot. I was in lots of other business establishments, including the lobby and breakfast area (for coffee) of the Super 8 on Rt 18.

While I got a few stares and a couple of hard looks, I only got two comments, one from a guy from WV, and one from a guy from OH. Both were very positive, questioning me about the ins and outs of OC and carry in general here in PA. Both men were very encouraging in their attitude and their comments, carrying in their home states on a regular basis.

Oh yeah, I spent some time in OH both OC and CC, by virtue of my UT license. No one bothered me, especially the unsavory characters hanging around the hospital where little Tommy Boy was born.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Fairly boring carry week

Sounds like a great week!

(Lancaster County)

Yeah sounds like a good week to me. A boring week is usually a good thing, makes it actually seem like people are getting more "open" to seeing people armed.

(Erie County)

Good story. Congrats on the grandson!

(Armstrong County)

Next time your out this way Pennsy, give me a shout and we can meetup. On your way back home stop by and I can fill the cell phone up with some wood for you

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    Next time your out this way Pennsy, give me a shout and we can meetup. On your way back home stop by and I can fill the cell phone up with some wood for you

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    Ed, I actually had plans for that, but the baby came two weeks early and messed up my entire schedule. I was thinking of perhaps getting out your way towards the end of October if that works for you. I have some things I have to haul out for my son-in-law on my trailer.

(Northampton County)

congratulations on the new addition to the family, and I agree with the other poster in that a boring week is a good week, that just means that there are more people that are getting educated, and understand.

Great job!
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan