Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: How to take the PA Hunters Safety Course.

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I took the course years ago but never got a license. I don't have my orange card anymore. Is there someone I can call that will have me on record, or wil I have to take it again?
    There is a form on the Game Commission website that you fill out, get notarized and mail in to them to get a replacement card. I did it last year and I think it only took about two weeks to get my replacement. Just follow the link below.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/p...eaffidavit.pdf
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
    From what I heard, they never even ask.
    I've never had them ask, either.

As far as the classes, if theree is a Gander Mt. store near you, they are doing signups for classes now. I know that ours for January and February are booded, but March is still open.
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Chester County)

If you look on the Game Commission website, there is now a link on the right hand side to sign up for a course. It will direct you to the courses being offered in your area, the dates and times, and you can sign up for that course online. We, the instructors, are email the list prior to the course.

There are now a few areas where the course can even be taken online, with just the hands-on portions being taught in person.

Quote Originally Posted by doc454 View Post
    There are now a few areas where the course can even be taken online, with just the hands-on portions being taught in person.
    I did this myself a couple of weeks ago, it was held at Holmesburg in Philadelphia county. You study online off the PGC website and go in for a 3 hour class which includes the time to take the test and score the results. Much of the information covered is common sense, the instructor I had kept it interesting and this option is great for people with busy lives. Honestly the test is very simple[after all a 12 year old can pass it], I think it was 30 questions and you had to get something like 13 wrong to fail. It's best to take them now rather than later when hunting season is close to starting because the class I was in was very small[5 people].

(York County)

Unhappy Re: How to take the PA Hunters Safety Course.

FYI... We no longer can hold the course at GM in York due to changes in the course and lack of space for the outdoor portion of the class. -BB
    The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
    -Ted Nugent

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pghplr View Post
    Coraopolis Sportsmans has a free course Sept 23-24. My son and sister are going. I think they're still taking registrations. (412) 264-9920

My hunting buddy's 2 kids just completed this course.

I just got this message.
    "I am please and proud to announce that we have 2 new hunters in the state of Pa.. Both Tyler & Logan completed their hunter safety course today at Coraopolis Sportsmans."

This is cool.

27hada20yearHSreunionin87hand
    Last edited by 27hand; September 14th, 2008 at 10:44 PM.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by gander215 View Post
    FYI... We no longer can hold the course at GM in York due to changes in the course and lack of space for the outdoor portion of the class. -BB
    What does the "outdoor portion" of the class consist of?

Thanks,
    El D.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I took the course years ago but never got a license. I don't have my orange card anymore. Is there someone I can call that will have me on record, or wil I have to take it again?
    I went to the Pa Game Commission Page and this is what I found.
    Hunting Information
    Search Pennsylvania Game Commission - State Wildlife Management Agency Home Printable Version eMail
    FAQs - General Hunting Questions

I lost my hunter education card, can I get a replacement?

Hunter-Trapper Education course records dating back to 1987 are maintained on a computer database. Bowhunter Education course records dating back to 2000 are maintained. Contact the Game Commission's Hunter-Trapper Education Division at at 717-787-7015 - Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - for assistance in obtaining a replacement certificate. If you took a hunter or trapper education course before the above dates, you must complete a Hunter Education Program Replacement Certificate Affidavit form, which can be downloaded from this site. The affidavit must be completed, signed and notarized before it is returned to the Hunter-Trapper Education Division. Replacement certificates are usually mailed in 10 to 14 days upon receipt of an application. NOTE: Effective February 1, 2005; a $10 fee is charged for issuing a hunter education replacement certificate.

I hope this answers your question

(Lackawanna County)

Hmmmm, I took the course in (I think) '78; instead of the affidavit routine, is there any problem just taking the course again?
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Hmmmm, I took the course in (I think) '78; instead of the affidavit routine, is there any problem just taking the course again?
    I don't think it would be a problem if you don't want to fork out the $10 bucks for the replacement card.I suggest you call the game comission and find out which way to go in your case.I wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast