Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Home remedies for insomnia?

After three nights with less than two hours sleep I am having a very hard time thinking straight, Hard time controlling my temper and just feel disconnected from my body.

I NEED sleep but find no comfort in my bed. This is not new to me but it seems to be getting worse.

Any suggestions?

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Home remedies for insomnia?

Sex. (if it's bad enough you can get started before it's over )

That is all.

(Dauphin County)

have you tried sleeping on a memory foam mattress? i switched 2 years ago and sleep good every night. sex cant hurt either.....
    If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
    A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by goofin View Post
    sex cant hurt either.....
    It can if you are doing it right!!
    I got to it first!!! What do I win?

(Chester County)

(Berks County)

Ask your significant other to crack you across the back of your skull with a brick. Works every time.

(Philadelphia County)

Melatonin or a few beers combined with a heavy meal. Exercise early in the day.

I've had this problem for years, tried various prescriptions to no avail-- either they don't work fast enough or cause me to oversleep. If this is a chronic problem, and you can swing it-- try to get a second shift job/assignment. That's how I dealt with my insomnia problem for many years. Of course I don't know if that's an insomnia problem so much as having an abnormal "body clock". Getting to bed for me has always been the issue, not staying asleep.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    After three nights with less than two hours sleep I am having a very hard time thinking straight, Hard time controlling my temper and just feel disconnected from my body.

I NEED sleep but find no comfort in my bed. This is not new to me but it seems to be getting worse.

Any suggestions?
    Sounds like you need a new mattress. Have you ever tried a waterbed? It's very comforting to get into a warm soft bed that can rock you to sleep (if you keep the waves going ).

OASN ~ Try sleeping in different places, a comfy couch, a different bed. Try taking a hot shower before you go to bed. You could always go for the warm milk, it's never worked for me but ya won't know until you try it.

I've been known to have a spurt or two of insomnia every once in awhile and I can relate to the bed feeling uncomfortable and thats with a tempur-pedic that I love with all my heart. I think it's just sort of part of the whole lovely process.

Nothin works better than pounding meds for me, i'm not a fan of going that route since I gotta dope myself up so much I can't function for a good 8-10hrs but after 3-4days of no sleep its a nice change of pace.

(Monroe County)

Let me tell ya... my wife and I were both having the same issue with the mattress. We've been waking with back and neck aches for a year! We decided just over this weekend to get the Tempur pedic mattress. It's still early to tell. My wife thinks it's a VAST improvement, I woke up in pain yesterday morning. Not too bad this morning though. They say it takes a week or two to get used to. It's definitly better than what we had.
    HOWEVER, after you've spent $3000 on a bed, you begin losing sleep for a completely different reason! The only thing that helped was sex in the new mattress!
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast