Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Berks County)

Default Re: ALERT: Permit Holders in Berks County

For starters, you are making assumptions. You are ASSUMING that the system was not complete, and that they weren't merely inputing the actual data, which was part of their contract. Furthermore, at some point, real information HAS to be input, and once again, we do not know if Canon was procedurally at this point. Lastly, firing the person, a Canon employee, isn't going to resolve the actual issue that is merely your emotions becoming involved. Most likely, the individual or individuals involved have been SO reemed out and worried that they will probably never do such again. Most likely, they will be more vigilant that any other to fill their position. Trust me, I am very pissed at this occurence, but sometimes we have to take a step back and look at it from all sides. I don't contend that they shouldn't be held strictly liable for the outcome, but it needs to be done in the correct fashion.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    For starters, you are making assumptions. You are ASSUMING that the system was not complete, and that they weren't merely inputing the actual data, which was part of their contract. Furthermore, at some point, real information HAS to be input, and once again, we do not know if Canon was procedurally at this point. Lastly, firing the person, a Canon employee, isn't going to resolve the actual issue that is merely your emotions becoming involved. Most likely, the individual or individuals involved have been SO reemed out and worried that they will probably never do such again. Most likely, they will be more vigilant that any other to fill their position. Trust me, I am very pissed at this occurence, but sometimes we have to take a step back and look at it from all sides. I don't contend that they shouldn't be held strictly liable for the outcome, but it needs to be done in the correct fashion.
    Yes, at some point real data must be entered into the database. But that data should NEVER, EVER, EVEREVEREVER leave the office of the sheriff. I cannot stress that enough. There's no reason for THEM to have my SS#, much less for them to be so careless with it by giving it to a third party. Get someone in-house to enter the real data.

I'm not looking for the Canon employee to get booted, I want the person who signed off on transferring MY PERSONAL INFO to someone who never had any reason to possess it in the first place to be fired.

(Berks County)

I have contacted an attorney who is very interested in this issue. I am hoping to meet with him prior to Christmas (due to my schedule, not his). Anyway, I informed him that I knew of some other people who were affected and may be interested in joining. Anyone here who would like to join in a suit, please post so I can have a list of people to contact once I discuss the inssue with him in depth.

(Berks County)

So what would the goal be? Monetary?

(Berks County)

Most likely, or something other that would keep this from occuring again. I definitely am not concerned with the money, but the disclosure of confidential information. For the rest of my life, I now have a higher risk of identity theft due to this. I am open to suggestions other than monetary.

(Berks County)

Do you still have a copy?? I would like to see it. I cant get into the site you gave here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234