Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Safirarms T14

(Cumberland County)

Default Safirarms T14

Anyone familiar with the Safirarms T14 410 shotgun - AR15 style ? Is it possible to replace the upper with a 223 or similar ? Are magazines available yet with greater than 5 capacity ?
    Thanks !

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Safirarms T14

Been kinda curious about these myself. I've seen just the uppers for sale at AIM surplus, and maybe Cope's? I haven't seen specific lowers for them separately, and it seems that it would be a compatible round to mag well match, but that's just an assumption and we all know what can happen when we assume.
    IIRC they won't take 3" shells and at around 3X the cost, they're making the Saigas look much better unless you're a die hard AR type.
    I'd still love a chance to give one a try, but unless I hit the lotto, it's not for me.

(Cumberland County)

Yeah, I have seen the T14 for $ 800 to $ 1,300 but I was able to get one for $ 499 new in box - I couldn't resist. A toy, but looks like fun. I purchased the 000 buck so three nice balls per shell. Think it will be a lot of fun. I have seen the upper alone being sold for $ 499 to convert your AR, so $ 499 for total package was too good for me to pass up ! I was just thinking if I could eventually buy the .223 upper, I'd have a great little package at one heck of a price !
    Still looking for 10+ round mags ! I hear they are coming out with, or just came out with a 15 round. I cantacted Safirarms in Turkey and they directed me to ATI in Rochester - just waiting to hear back.

(Montgomery County)

For $500 I'd say you did pretty damn good! You've got to know someone with an AR that would let you compare and switch uppers to check for fit... Hell, I'd volunteer if you were a little closer, but you'll likely find a local volunteer before I get out that way.
    There's probably a way to convert 20rd AR mags to work with a modified follower, but I'm thinking the curve in the 30s would mess things up.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks, just heard back from ATI and they say the 15 round mags. are due into the country any day, then after they inspect them, they will be out to retailers ! The guy has another T14 on auction, may get lucky and go for
    $499 again in interested - lol. Only need to win a scratch ticket vs the whole powerball for that amount I'm going to see if my ffl has an AR to check it against.

(Blair County)

Wonder how they are getting 15rnd mags shipped into the country....

Considering shipping 8rnd Saiga-12 mags into the country is dancing in the grey area of the law...
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Cumberland County)

Have had my T14 for a few weeks now - love it ! No jams, no misfires, every round goes bang ! Decided to get a 223 upper, slapped it on, and started firing 223 no issues ! 15 round mag. should be hitting dealers soon, will add that. I have found 000 shoots nicley. Only thing they could have made better was the front site, it's actually plastic - wish it was metal or aluminum, but minor opp..