2 22.22%
  • Carpet and moulded sides

0 0%
  • Roll on "Hurculiner"

7 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default pickup box liners

So you got a new pickup truck..."yes I did"
    and now your asking yourself the age old question...
    Roll on or drop in liner? In the box or over the cap model?

What do you think is better, carpets, hard dropin or roll on? Right now i am leaning towrds Herculiner, but i know the drop ins are better if you plan on carrying dirt, gravle and sand... But just how often will I carry these things?

Roll on is almost hald price of drop in... so many decisions, what do you all think?
    Try to give me the pro and con on each, why you would chose one over the other.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: pickup box liners

Get the Rhino spray on goop. You'll never look back.

(Berks County)

The Rhino Liner...and do-it yourself Herculiner give your bed the best protection and a real tough surface.

The only drawback is if you often haul a lot dirt, mulch or stones it is a pain in the ass to clean it all out because of the rough surface...this is where the plastic liners have a little bit of advantage.

I would opt for the roll on or spray on liners as much more durable and protective of the bed.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Delaware County)

I use line-x spray in liners, ive had one in every truck i ever owned.

(Northampton County)

I HATE my Rhino liner. It is soft and nothing slides on it. It is soft and it tears and cuts a LOT easier then drop ins. I had a skid full of bags of mulch placed in the bed by fork truck and he then pushed it the rest of the way in. That tore the liner, lifted a silver dollar sized chunk. I once pulled my spent Christmas tree out of the truck and a cut branch slightly protruding from the trunk lifted a quarter sized tab in the liner. I had some stuff in the bed and then drove 30 miles. The stuff was moving a little and it abraded right through the liner. None of this is a problem with a good drop in.

If you don't get the UV protestant it will fade.

I never had one issue with my Duraliners in the past and I will one day replace this spray on crap with one.

Maybe someone here will tell me that I must have had a bad application or a bad applicator. Sure it’s warranted, but who the hell wants to go back every time you haul something.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDshoots View Post
    I HATE my Rhino liner. It is soft and nothing slides on it. It is soft and it tears and cuts a LOT easier then drop ins. I had a skid full of bags of mulch placed in the bed by fork truck and he then pushed it the rest of the way in. That tore the liner, lifted a silver dollar sized chunk. I once pulled my spent Christmas tree out of the truck and a cut branch slightly protruding from the trunk lifted a quarter sized tab in the liner. I had some stuff in the bed and then drove 30 miles. The stuff was moving a little and it abraded right through the liner. None of this is a problem with a good drop in.

If you don't get the UV protestant it will fade.

I never had one issue with my Duraliners in the past and I will one day replace this spray on crap with one.

Maybe someone here will tell me that I must have had a bad application or a bad applicator. Sure it’s warranted, but who the hell wants to go back every time you haul something.
    Wow.

I've hauled all manner of sharp edged items to include steel targeting systems and never had such an experience.

(Allegheny County)

I bought my Silverado in 2001 as a demo model with less than 3,000 miles on it. There was a hard (drop-in) bedliner in it already and the salesman kept reminding me of that like it was something SO desirable and valuable that I should want to sign at the X for that reason alone! I kept telling him "I don't CARE about the bedliner - I don't WANT the bedliner because they rub the paint off the bed and cause it to RUST!"
    After I took the truck home, I removed the bedliner and what did I find? Yup, many small areas of paint that had been rubbed down to the bare metal and had begun to rust. Remember, this was on a "new" vehicle.

It really depends on the intended usage... A drop-in may make more sense if you throw rocks and concrete block back there since it would resist dents. If you're putting stuff back there that would do more damage by scratching things up, go with the spray-in. Everything is coated and no worry about rust.

Myself, I baby my truck, so I have a piece of carpeting (w/padding) back there. Actually, the carpeting is more for my knees than anything... I have a cap, so kneeling on any of those hard surfaces sucks.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevmeister View Post
    I use line-x spray in liners, ive had one in every truck i ever owned.
    A friend of mine coated his dirtbike in Line-X. It looked pretty sick, but damn durable spill after spill on the rocky mountainside.

I went with the herculiner, actually, its not on yet, but will be fairly soon... I do plan on carrying gravle and rocks and bricks but figure i can always put a plywood on the bed before doing so to help protect the liner.
    The main reason for the truck is to work with, carry things and such, I was offered to try and rip the herculiner off a piece of steel, took some doing too!!! Prep is every thing i hear, you have to scuff the bed pretty good to have it stick well, any wax left on the paint and it will peal and tear.

One of the main reasons I picked Herculiner was the rubber particles, they stand up and cause a rough surface, last thing I want my guns to have to go through is banging back and forth every time i accelerate and brake.
    Tie downs are nice, but as i plan on putting a tonneau cover on later, the tie downs are a pain. I want to be able to place my gun caise in the back and not have to worry about slip and slide back and forth.

Heck! they even offered to pay me a few boxes of 12Gauge shells! Well ok no, but they did give me a $20 rebate!

http://rebates.teg-online.com/thunde...uck_Rebate.pdf
    Last edited by Frenchy; June 18th, 2007 at 03:58 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly