Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Cool traveling out of state

hi everybody, i will be traveling to west virginia july 4th weekend,to see wifes family. would like to bring my guns to shoot with brother inlaws, i know i cant carry there, but i was looking to bring my ar-15,xd-40,yugo sks, any rules that i should know about. can i posses these firearms in west virginia. thanks joe

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: traveling out of state

My ex-fiancee' is from there. We jointly own a mobile home on her family's land. I regularly go there to see the "would have been inlaws"

=======

So long as you have NO legal disqualifiers - you may possess a firearm in WV.

Those who can lawfully possess a firearm may also lawfully open carry without a license on foot or in a vehicle.

WV State Police FAQ - Weapons
    http://www.wvstatepolice.com/legal/FAQ%27S.html

Note though, some cities/municipalities had laws against open carry that were grandfathered when the state created preemption. Dont worry, theres only a few places that got grandfathered.

Also be sure to that any weapon that you carry openly in a vehicle can NOT be remotely misconstrued as a "hunting firearm". IE: no loaded shotguns, rifles, long barreled or scoped pistols in a vehicle.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    My ex-fiancee' is from there. We jointly own a mobile home on her family's land. I regularly go there to see the "would have been inlaws"

=======

So long as you have NO legal disqualifiers - you may possess a firearm in WV.

Those who can lawfully possess a firearm may also lawfully open carry without a license on foot or in a vehicle.

WV State Police FAQ - Weapons
    http://www.wvstatepolice.com/legal/FAQ%27S.html

Note though, some cities/municipalities had laws against open carry that were grandfathered when the state created preemption. Dont worry, theres only a few places that got grandfathered.

Also be sure to that any weapon that you carry openly in a vehicle can NOT be remotely misconstrued as a "hunting firearm". IE: no loaded shotguns, rifles, long barreled or scoped pistols in a vehicle.
    beat me to it, but on the way to WV if you are going to be traveling through MD make sure ALL the firearms and ammo are locked up and separate as MD is not a gun friendly state and NO permits are valid there except for theirs.

(Carbon County)

thank you, guys you have been helpful. dont know if i may open carry not one to attract attention. joe