Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Picked up a Hi-Point JHP .45 Today thoughts?

$170 new with Lifetime War. Ugly gun but I've been reading great reviews on it for weeks. Its heavy and twice teh size of my cz70.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Picked up a Hi-Point JHP .45 Today thoughts?

Im alittle ashamed that a fellow pennsylvanian would buy a Hi-Point. its the kind of gun you murder someone with and leave. But just think if you ever get into a shoot out and you run out of bullets you have a great hammer. With handguns you get what you pay for and 170 dollars dont get much. Id say your best bet before purchasing a gun id go with first hand testimonials not and article in a magazine. Ask around before you buy anything.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by fattycake1911 View Post
    Im alittle ashamed that a fellow pennsylvanian would buy a Hi-Point. its the kind of gun you murder someone with and leave. But just think if you ever get into a shoot out and you run out of bullets you have a great hammer. With handguns you get what you pay for and 170 dollars dont get much. Id say your best bet before purchasing a gun id go with first hand testimonials not and article in a magazine. Ask around before you buy anything.
    i'm a little ashamed that a fellow gun owner would make that kind of statement about a gun on a public forum.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i'm a little ashamed that a fellow gun owner would make that kind of statement about a gun on a public forum.
    Have to agree with you on that one !

True, HiPoints are ugly, but aside from that, you've got a reliable weapon with a LT warranty. I have a 995 Carbine, and love it ! I've been thinking of picking up a .45 ACP just for a "in the glovebox" gun.

I think people really need to leave HiPoints alone- sure, they ain't pretty, but they shoot, they're reliable, they're cheap, and they're made in the USA. Sure everyone want's a pretty gun with all the horns and whistles, but I also think everyone should be able to own / afford a reliable weapon to protect themseleves and thier families with, and I think Hi Point fills that void perfectly. I'd have no shame in owning a couple for CC if they weren't so damn big.

Enjoy your new gun !!

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Marine General James Mattis
    "Stupid people never get smarter, but alcohol metabolizes" - GunLawyer001

You might try here, http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/530...-firearms.html
    and do a search for a couple more related threads. Let's not do all of this again, huh folks?

Take care
    Dave

Ditto on that. While no one can say a Hi-Point is a superior firearm in fit, finish, looks or weight...it's not bad for the price. Mine, after 500 rounds has never malfunctioned. I didn't buy it for defensive reasons, just the bigger bang at a price I can afford. I'm quite happy with mine.

To the OP....enjoy the gun. I like mine, it works just fine. If yours is like mine was you'll need to do a little refinement on the accuracy out of the box. Big, heavy hulking thing ain't it? It would be prettier if the mag didn't extend out so far.....oh well, i knew that when I bought it and I didn't buy it for beauty.

(Lehigh County)

congrats on purchase enjoy it most are a very relaible gun for the price despite what some people who posssibly never tried one may say
    A.T.F alcohol, tabacco, and firearms... who's bringing the chips?

(Jefferson County)

Ugly, there is no doubt. But as long as they go bang and stay together, there's no reason to be ashamed of it. ...which there are many more that work great than there are of the lemons.

Shoot and be happy, dont let the gun snobs affect your happiness.

The company stands behind their products 100 percent. I would run a couple hundred rounds thru it pefore passing judgement. If there are any issues, don't hesitate to send it back. It will probally be returned with a couple (free)factory mags for your trouble. Check out highpointfirearmsforums.com.
    Last edited by Lone Wolf; August 22nd, 2009 at 04:17 PM.

Agreed, Hi-Points miight be ugly as shit but they seem to be pretty reliable shooters from what I've seen from people I know who have them.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast