Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: EOTech XPS Series, any reviews, comments?

Nah, It shouldn't be. He had all of the specs listed off eotechs website along with a link... I'll find out soon. He had 6 of them and they are all gone within 2 days! He had a XPS2-0 listed for more then a XPS3-2 which has N/V. I don't understand that but I'm not complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by rockkrawler628 View Post
    I just ordered an XPS3-2 off ebay, brand new for 374.99. Thats with N/V. MSRP is 609.00. I saved a bunch. Hopefullly i'll get pics up soon.
    do you have link of it. I can tell you if it is fake or real. Wow xps3-2 for 376 is a good deal. I sold mine for $520 oh well.

(Montgomery County)

The auction ended the same day. When i first looked at it there were 6 left the next day all of them sold.
    The auction uses a Generic Eotech as the main picture then uses the auctual XPS3-2 picture off of Eotech's website along with the description. It nowhere says that its a clone or anything. I emailed the guy and he has yet to get back to me (its only been a day). However I suppose I should have it by tomorrow.

Thumbs up Re: EOTech XPS Series, any reviews, comments?

Quote Originally Posted by rockkrawler628 View Post
    The auction ended the same day. When i first looked at it there were 6 left the next day all of them sold.
    The auction uses a Generic Eotech as the main picture then uses the auctual XPS3-2 picture off of Eotech's website along with the description. It nowhere says that its a clone or anything. I emailed the guy and he has yet to get back to me (its only been a day). However I suppose I should have it by tomorrow.
    maybe he is a vendor ran out of business or stolen items.

(Montgomery County)

Well got the mail today to find my brand new EOTECH! It was indeed a real geniuine EOTECH xps3-2. The only downfall was that it is not REV F, but for 374.99 shipped w/ NV I can't really complain... I'm stoked to get this on my SBR!

(Washington County)

nice deal at that price (a steal)... did you ask the guy why the price difference? maybe closeout stock ...

you should check here - http://www.eotech-inc.com/counterfeit_notice.php

and read their pdf - http://www.eotech-inc.com/documents/...hts%204-09.pdf

to confirm its legit item.

also what is Rev F?
    "My Name is Earl" ;-)

(Montgomery County)

Thanks alot for that info, I'll check it out. Rev F is EOTECHs latest update, sights that have that update are marked REV F on the side of the sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Well folks, thought i'd update my experience with my xps - and it aint looking so good.

The optic is a nice unit and holds zero and all - however, mine only went about 18-20 hours before the battery took a shit. And here i thought this model with the cr123 battery was suppose to have a longer battery life. Hell, my N cell lasts longer than that.

I put a new battery in it and will be keeping track of how many hours are on it. Maybe the factory supplied battery was faulty - yeah right.

This was my last ditch effort to keep buying into eotechs. I like the circle dot set up on the eotechs (a lot) but if this new battery dies again - i'm switching out all my eotechs to aimpoints. The aimpoints never die even when you leave them on for days / weeks / months at a time. I'm having a hard time anymore trusting eotechs to be there when i need them most.
    Any update on this? I'm struggling with Aimpoint vs Eotech and the battery life is the part I'm just not able to get past and that will be extra true if the 20hrs is the expected life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nadar View Post
    Any update on this? I'm struggling with Aimpoint vs Eotech and the battery life is the part I'm just not able to get past and that will be extra true if the 20hrs is the expected life.

Thanks
    I've had my XPS for maybe 10 months & it's still on the same battery. I haven't kept track of the hours though. I have a whole box of Surefire 123's, so maybe I'll just run a test using the 8 hr auto shutoff on the XPS & keep track of how many times I turn it on.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Thanks for the response.

I'm more just wanting to make sure that the 20hrs thing isn't to be expected. Considering you've had it 10mo would it be safe to assume you are well past the 20 hrs?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast