Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: EOTech XPS Series, any reviews, comments?

Quote Originally Posted by levib View Post
    I believe he was adding to your commentary on what batteries different EOTech models use. God forbid someone add to what you said.
    Hey, thanks for chiming in.

I honestly had / have no idea what he was trying to get at. It was just a quote of me and a non descript comment.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Well folks, thought i'd update my experience with my xps - and it aint looking so good.

The optic is a nice unit and holds zero and all - however, mine only went about 18-20 hours before the battery took a shit. And here i thought this model with the cr123 battery was suppose to have a longer battery life. Hell, my N cell lasts longer than that.

I put a new battery in it and will be keeping track of how many hours are on it. Maybe the factory supplied battery was faulty - yeah right.

This was my last ditch effort to keep buying into eotechs. I like the circle dot set up on the eotechs (a lot) but if this new battery dies again - i'm switching out all my eotechs to aimpoints. The aimpoints never die even when you leave them on for days / weeks / months at a time. I'm having a hard time anymore trusting eotechs to be there when i need them most.
    your auto turn off function (turns off after 8 hrs) is working correct? maybe somehow it was stuck on?

that low of battery life cant be right... hopefully the new battery will be back to the 500 hrs or so advertised.
    "My Name is Earl" ;-)

Guns,
    Please post your findings when you determine the batt life situation as I have narrowed it down to the XPS / AP T1 (?)/ Nikon Monarch / & I want to check out a Trijicon Hd Reflex {? model}. Your info has been rock solid & I learn from your posts.
    BW

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    your auto turn off function (turns off after 8 hrs) is working correct? maybe somehow it was stuck on?

that low of battery life cant be right... hopefully the new battery will be back to the 500 hrs or so advertised.
    You are both correct and incorrect about the auto shut off.

If you use the up button on start up, it is 8hr shut off.

If you use the down button on start up, it is a 4hr shut off.

Yes, i am sure that the unit was turned off after every use. I also know that the 4hr shut off feature works - but i have not let it on for 8hrs in a row yet.

I am going to play with it a bit over the next week or two. My plan is to turn it on using the 8hr shut down and then i'll see just how many hours it takes for the battery to die again.

(Bucks County)

I just bought and EOTech, but it wasn't the XPS series, it was this one:

EOTech 516 Law Enforcement and Military Holographic Red Dot Sight 65 MOA Circle with 1 MOA Dot Reticle Matte CR 123 Battery with 7mm Raised Base-to be precise. Don't want to hijack thread, but I'm in same ballpark. I've only been to the range with it once(yesterday) but am going back today. Had a squib load with nothing to knock out bullet from barrel, ended day early.

(Washington County)

Back On Topic

I could not find online any clear actual pictures of the 2-2 reticle so I went with it anyway ... I just received my XPS 2-2. have not had time to mount it yet as I have had some emergency issues with my dog over past 48 hrs. So anyway sorry but will try and post pics of the reticle with the single circle and the TWO 1 MOA dots within a week. you can definitely see the TWO MOA dots. not like the other model with 3 MOA dots which seems a bit crowded without magnification.

its nice comes with a spare battery cover, either the installed Allen Wrench screw for mounting or replace with the large screw knob you can tighten or loosen using a coin. interesting they say NOT to use LockTite when mounting not any type not even Blue which is only semi permanent.

nice weight savings compared to the previous model and space savings as I plan in the future to definitely add a magnifier.
    Last edited by clueless; October 7th, 2009 at 01:56 PM.
    "My Name is Earl" ;-)

(Washington County)

Thumbs up Re: EOTech XPS Series, any reviews, comments?

Heres the pictures from an XPS 2-2
    non-nv optic

arrived in box

looking thru XPS:

close up of reticle:
    "My Name is Earl" ;-)

Talking Re: EOTech XPS Series, any reviews, comments?

this is an interesting form.

me i like all the eotech. from 511 to 557 and xps2 to 3. Every eotech can get things done. Depend on how you use it.
    If you have money to invest. you can use trijicon acog combine with eotech and use trijicon acog as 4x magnifier for the eotech. and i bet you would love to see through that.
    each eotech is using different type of battery. But if you can purchase an eotech and you can't buy a battery i think you shouldn't buy the eotech at all.
    Double A battery can work on 512, 552, 517 and 557.
    N battery is for 511 and 551
    Cr123 battery is for 516,556, xps2/3 0-2. 553
    i never have an eotech 555 or 515 for sale before so i am not sure what type of battery the 515 or 555 are using i believe it is using cr123.

(Montgomery County)

I just ordered an XPS3-2 off ebay, brand new for 374.99. Thats with N/V. MSRP is 609.00. I saved a bunch. Hopefullly i'll get pics up soon.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rockkrawler628 View Post
    I just ordered an XPS3-2 off ebay, brand new for 374.99. Thats with N/V. MSRP is 609.00. I saved a bunch. Hopefullly i'll get pics up soon.

Hopefully it isn't an airsoft eotech clone .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast