Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Stupid, Smart, but what relief

So, I went to bed tonight, and I knew I needed to get one of my wisdom teeth out for the past couple of weeks. It's kid of in bad shape, but I'm 41 and should have gotten them out a long time ago. The one has been giving me pain, and has a cavity. The dentist recommend go to an oral surgeon, as he doesn't do wisdom teeth. I have a HUGE project going on right now, go live is October, so I haven't had the time to take care of it. Well, the past few days it has been hurting really bad, getting worse every day. So, I went to bed, and the throbbing was just too much. I got up about 15 minutes ago, and used needle nose plyers to see if I could get it out. Well, I got half of it out, and all kinds of gooey stuff mixed with blood came out...instant relief. Stupid...yes, but boy to I feel better. I tried to pull the other half but it is really in there. I'm thinking there was some kind of infection in there or something, which would explain why I have had some flu like symptoms the past few days. I'm on vacation from tomorrow to next Wednesday (my first vacation of the year) so I hope to get it taken care of over the next week.

Default Re: Stupid, Smart, but what relief

St Marys!! Good Luck!!! How very painful for you. Let us know.

(Centre County)

Sounds like you've had impacted molers for a while now which are infected. Start eating some of that activia or other kind of yougart and plan for a trip down antibiotics lane (shitsville USA).

Good luck brother, hope it doesn't hurt to much after they remove the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Monroe County)

Great way to get sepsis and spend time in the hospital. Call an oral surgeon asap. You won`t have to wait and make sure you get antibiotics.

(Berks County)

Good God I think I just puked in my mouth.

I went to an oral surgeon and had all four of my wisdom teeth done under novocaine without being knocked out. I drove myself home and was back to work the next day. It's not usually a huge deal. There is no need to take germ-riddden and filthy needle-nose pliars to your mouth to try and play Civil War surgeon.

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by st.marys View Post
    So, I went to bed tonight, and I knew I needed to get one of my wisdom teeth out for the past couple of weeks. It's kid of in bad shape, but I'm 41 and should have gotten them out a long time ago. The one has been giving me pain, and has a cavity. The dentist recommend go to an oral surgeon, as he doesn't do wisdom teeth. I have a HUGE project going on right now, go live is October, so I haven't had the time to take care of it. Well, the past few days it has been hurting really bad, getting worse every day. So, I went to bed, and the throbbing was just too much. I got up about 15 minutes ago, and used needle nose plyers to see if I could get it out. Well, I got half of it out, and all kinds of gooey stuff mixed with blood came out...instant relief. Stupid...yes, but boy to I feel better. I tried to pull the other half but it is really in there. I'm thinking there was some kind of infection in there or something, which would explain why I have had some flu like symptoms the past few days. I'm on vacation from tomorrow to next Wednesday (my first vacation of the year) so I hope to get it taken care of over the next week.
    You already have half of it out, you might as well go all the way and save your money. Get a friend to pull the rest out, and then just take some listerine for a few weeks. lol

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2012 View Post
    You already have half of it out, you might as well go all the way and save your money. Get a friend to pull the rest out, and then just take some listerine for a few weeks. lol
    As a medical professional, don't listen to the above quoted at all. While it may have worked for you or someone you know a bacterial blood infection (sepsis) is a nasty thing to get from doing something like this and has the potential to cost you your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    As a medical professional, don't listen to the above quoted at all. While it may have worked for you or someone you know a bacterial blood infection (sepsis) is a nasty thing to get from doing something like this and has the potential to cost you your life.
    Oh come on, I was only kidding. Anyone with half a brain should know that. In all seriousness though, that does sound like some nasty stuff. I would take the common sense approach and seek out a doctor before things get really bad.
    Last edited by Justin2012; August 19th, 2009 at 09:41 AM.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2012 View Post
    Oh come on, I was only kidding. Anyone with half a brian should know that. In all seriousness though, that does sound like some nasty stuff. I would take the common sense approach and seek out a doctor before things get really bad.
    Potatoes O'Brian.
    Some say that his discharge is luminous.

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by StraussiE WousiE View Post
    Potatoes O'Brian.
    lol whoops, typo fixed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast