Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: XS sights

(Schuylkill County)

Default XS sights

I'm thinking of getting a set of these to put on my G19. Anybody have any experience with them and if they're worth the price? If not the XS what are some other good night sights for a ccw?

Thanks
    Happiness is warm gun (bang bang, shoot shoot)

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: XS sights

I have XS Big Dots on 3 of my defensive handguns. They are great. Very fast to use. For super precise work they are harder to work with. Defensive shooting out to 15 yds, they are awesome. Beyond that they are harder to use. I like them and will keep them on my pistols.
    Captain

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I have XS Big Dots on 3 of my defensive handguns. They are great. Very fast to use. For super precise work they are harder to work with. Defensive shooting out to 15 yds, they are awesome. Beyond that they are harder to use. I like them and will keep them on my pistols.
    ^^^

+1

Have them on my G26. Easy to install, very fast defensive sights.
    So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

(Schuylkill County)

Thanks gents. Looks like I'll be making a purchase from them soon. My G19 is meant to be my primary CCW/HD gun and not a 50 yard range toy. Sounds like these sights fit the bill.
    Happiness is warm gun (bang bang, shoot shoot)

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by HamburgBoy84 View Post
    Thanks gents. Looks like I'll be making a purchase from them soon. My G19 is meant to be my primary CCW/HD gun and not a 50 yard range toy. Sounds like these sights fit the bill.
    I'd recommend against them.

I used to use them, I shot them pretty well too. I hit 12" steel targets at 50 yards with them all day long, too.

BUT, they are NOT faster on target, and take longer to use at distance. Honestly, I tried to like them, and did for a while. But their "speed" up close is more your natural point shooting ability showing. At distance, they are slower.

I used to argue with folks, saying I used them, and I KNEW they were faster. Try running them on a shot timer, it doesn't lie.

I now run Warren Tactical Sights, and they are some of the fastest sights I've ever used...and they are extremely precise.

Take a look at what the top competitors are using in IPSC and IDPA, Heinie's, and Warren's. If Big Dots were faster, don't you think they'd be using them?

Tell you what...if you want them, I'll sell you my set for half price. They're in my range bag, doing nothing. I have the Tritium rear, too. They're yours for half of whatever the lowest price you can find them online for.

Try em if you want. I think they're fantastic for people who can't see a front sight otherwise, but if you don't have substantial vision problems, I don't think they're much use.

But, if you want to try em out anyway, they're yours for cheap. PM me if you're interested.