Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JF&G Problem

(Lebanon County)

Default JF&G Problem

I didn't get to the post below before it was closed. I am an officer at this club, and my concern is safety, not name calling. Anyone who has seen these guys running while shooting, and doing other unsafe acts please come to our next meeting and voice your concerns. We will straighten this out. The club does not have the backstops for this. JayBell close this if you want, but please don't delete.

Default Re: JF&G Problem

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    I didn't get to the post below before it was closed. I am an officer at this club, and my concern is safety, not name calling. Anyone who has seen these guys running while shooting, and doing other unsafe acts please come to our next meeting and voice your concerns. We will straighten this out. The club does not have the backstops for this. JayBell close this if you want, but please don't delete.
    I hear ya, I'm off that week, so I'll make it
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lebanon County)

I would like to address this matter as I am one of the parties involved and a member of JF&G for approximately 5 years.

Firstly, to any officers at JF&G, I do not feel as though anything that we are doing in our drills is unsafe for us or those nearby. The drills that we perform are based on improving our defensive shooting skills and have come from accredited shooting professionals. We have had several positive comments from other members as to our shooting routine as well as other members who asked to join us and try the drills. I would have no problem with defining these drills for you or to demonstrate them in order for you to evaluate their safety. If you would like to take me up on this offer, please PM me and we can arrange a time. As for our conduct on the range, I feel that we are extremely polite and courteous. We have never had an issue where this was called into question.

Next, I would like to address the fella who brought this issue up in the first place. I am not sure what the point of all the name calling is, it is almost as if you are trying to provoke a response. Also, what are you trying to accomplish by threatening to intentionally shoot a rifle when our ears are not protected? I would think that that is irresponsible at best and potentially dangerous. I did not believe you to feel so negatively about us considering that at the conclusion of our shooting we had a friendly conversation for 5-10minutes. I hope this is all a misunderstanding as I don't think that we are as bad as you percieve us to be.

Brian, I am sorry that you feel that we are dangerous to be around. I am not going to try and defend our routine to you but I respect your right to your opinion and certainly your right to not be there if we are. As for unsafe gun handling, you made the comment to my friend about charging the pistol in an unsafe manner. When you left, we talked about it and I told him I thought you were right. That error has since been modified. As for saying we get "pissy" when we have to wait, that is simply not true and the name calling on a public forum is juvenile in my opinion.

I would like to conclude with the fact that I have no animosity towards anyone who attends JF&G. I do not desiree a conflict with any of the posters and I would prefer to squash this dispute here and now. If Bender or Brian or anyone else for that matter, has any questions or comments, please PM and lets work out our differences so that everyone can get along and have a good range experience.

Thanks.

Mr. Bell, I hope you let this post stand as I am trying to end a problem and not create one.
    Last edited by kbatty; August 20th, 2009 at 11:01 AM.

(Lancaster County)

i will be voicing my opinon at the next meeting you 3 hogged the range for over a hour wile i was there and i had to wait 10-20 min inbetwen shooting a mag or 7 shots out of my wheelie, this is greedy obove everything else and since i watched all your drills i can atest to the safty or lack of it, shooting 2 feet from the bords is by no means safe.
    this range is not set up for "your kind" of shooting

john,jim,
    i can explain it all in detial
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(Lancaster County)

oh and thanks for the ban jay i had time to cool of
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(Lebanon County)

I was the one that said something about the pistol being handled in an unsafe manner. (Brian and I were both there)

Needless to say, I think this all can be addressed by a friendly conversation at the range. I personally do not feel this warrants attention at a meeting due to some other things going on at the range right now.

We all have it good at our range, and lets keep it that way. Last I checked we are all adults, and I think we can talk this out in a productive manner.

As far as bender getting a little hyped on his typing, you just have to get to know bender. He really is a cool cat, but sometimes he lets his emotions press the keys. Even though bender made such a comment about an m44 being shot while other members were ill prepared, I strongly feel that was just some words being posted that were driven by emotion. I can attest for bender's excellent range safety and proper firearm handling, and his respect to everyone at the range.

Let's all take a step back, and try to see if we can talk this through respectfully on both sides until everyone is happy. There is another thread about going out shooting this Saturday. I think the majority of our group will be there and we can all talk this out then if that's cool?

Anyways that's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post
    I can attest for bender's excellent range safety and proper firearm handling, and his respect to everyone at the range.
    As well as I, he's actually anally safe sometimes, freaking annoying.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    As well as I, he's actually anally safe sometimes, freaking annoying.
    im sorry my sweet weapons safety is annoying i'll try to be less safe??? J/K
    i am safe with things that can kill
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(Lebanon County)

I'm going to try to be at the clubhouse tonight, (I can't guarantee it, it depends on my workload. If I can leave early I will.) If anyone wants to show up and talk about anything related I'll be glad to listen. Even if I'm not there there should be at least one or two other officers present. (I'm the secretary, it doesn't carry a lot of weight but it's a title and it might count for something).
    Kbatty, I think you live close enough that it should only take you a few minutes to get there. If your schedule permits you're more than welcome to come out sometime between 7:30 - 9:00 tonight. I'd like to meet you if I haven't already.
    I do appreciate that you posted here to tell your side of the story and did it in a polite and non-confrontational manner.

P.S.
    I plan on having a few reloading items with me that I want to sell if anyone is interested. (That is if I can get away from work when I want to).

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Lebanon County)

I will be there at 8:00 tonight. I will see if my buddy who is also implicated can come. I would like to get this straightened out.
    Thanks for offering to help us resolve this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast