Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default CZ P-07 vs. Glock 19???? for ccw

hey everyone! this is my first post on here, yet I have been reading thoroughly on this site for the past month. great site!

so here goes, i am finishing up the nra basic saftey class at my lgs, classic pistol in southampton, by the way a great place, and will pe purchasing my first firearm. i believe i have it narrowed down between 2 the glock 19 and the cz p-07. these guns are very similar i believe in quality, and when i held both the cz felt the best. please consider i will also be carrying as well, this is my frist gun and, im damn confused!!?? looking for some advice... thanks again to everyone and all your information!

-g
    G42 & G19

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: CZ P-07 vs. Glock 19???? for ccw

there are allot of peopel that will say Glock but me not being a big fan of them and also an owner of a CZ 40-P i say get the CZ it will probably cost less adn you will love it my CZ feels great in my hands, i shoot it very well and it is a very well made handgun, very accurate also..

in the end its up to you go on some of the specific forums and read read read !!
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    there are allot of peopel that will say Glock but me not being a big fan of them and also an owner of a CZ 40-P i say get the CZ it will probably cost less adn you will love it my CZ feels great in my hands, i shoot it very well and it is a very well made handgun, very accurate also..

in the end its up to you go on some of the specific forums and read read read !!
    I too prefer CZ over a Glock, but that's just me.....the CZ pistols fit in my hands much better than a Glock...

I own a CZ-85B.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by governor410 View Post
    when i held both the cz felt the best.
    I'm a Glock fan but if you don't get the one that feels best as your first gun you will certainly get it as your second gun (don't ask me how I know) The CZ looks like a winner. The grip is the part that's hard to conceal. Both guns have the same length grips with the CZ being a touch thicker. Still there are people who conceal full sized 1911s.

I'm a Glock fan, but readily acknowledge there are plenty of other quality firearms out there. At the end of the day, it's about (firstly) what you can afford, and (secondly) what fits you right. If the CZ is a better fit for you and you can afford it, by all means get it. Recognize, too, that you're allowed to own more than one pistol ( ), and you can sell a pistol if you decide you don't like it. If you buy the CZ or the Glock and you decide you don't like it, you're not stuck with it.

By the way, good on you for taking the Basic Pistol Safety class. I did the same thing you did. I took the class (at Classic, no less!) before I purchased my first firearm. I've since taken a few other classes and have enjoyed them as well!

Welcome to the firearm fraternity!

(Berks County)

Glock 19 but as you can see by my avatar I'm slightly biased. I sold my SA XD9 once I got my G19 because it just fit me nicer. But in the end its really up to you and which one feels more comfortable in your hand.

(Allegheny County)

Were you able to shoot examples of both at the range?
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Philadelphia County)

Guess what I vote for!!
    Guess what I vote for!!!

(Bucks County)

glock 19 and the cz p-07.
    The P-07 is the one where the user can switch parts to make it either SA with safety or DA with decocker? Sounds intriguing.

From a practical point of view:

There are about a million G19s in the US for each P-07 in circulation (I exaggerate, but not by much).

That means there is a huge, overwhelming difference in the amount of holsters and mag carriers and night sights and accessories and .22 conversion kits and Airsoft etc etc etc available for the two guns, both in the new and used markets. Not to mention a probably 100 to 1 ratio in armorers.

And while CZ is a good company, the P-07 is new enough not to be really vetted for reliability. With firearms, it's not always wise to buy This Year's Model.

(Montgomery County)

hey everyone! this is my first post on here, yet I have been reading thoroughly on this site for the past month. great site!

so here goes, i am finishing up the nra basic saftey class at my lgs, classic pistol in southampton, by the way a great place, and will pe purchasing my first firearm. i believe i have it narrowed down between 2 the glock 19 and the cz p-07. these guns are very similar i believe in quality, and when i held both the cz felt the best. please consider i will also be carrying as well, this is my frist gun and, im damn confused!!?? looking for some advice... thanks again to everyone and all your information!

-g
    "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six"...stole my quote from a previous post ya bastard. Just kidding, whatever. Glock 19 no doubt by the way.
    Last edited by glockmaster; August 18th, 2009 at 10:00 AM. Reason: more info

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast