Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default CC @ CareerLink offices?

Does anyone know if it legal to carry into the CareerLink offices? I believe they are run by the PA Department of Labor & Industry.

(York County)

Default Re: CC @ CareerLink offices?

They may work with but I doubt the property is owned by the govt. Worst case they find out and ask you to put it in the car.

Also, In before the "whats more important? Your job or liberty" crew. Someone on this forum is gonna ask you that question.
    3%

(Northampton County)

fingers,

I checked out the sticky you linked, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned there.

From what I can tell, I should be OK. Just have to leave if asked, if it is private property. I was just curious if they have metal detectors or signs posted on the doors. The one in Monroe County has no signs. I have to travel to a different one for some classes.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by paridgerunner View Post
    fingers,

I checked out the sticky you linked, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned there.

From what I can tell, I should be OK. Just have to leave if asked, if it is private property. I was just curious if they have metal detectors or signs posted on the doors. The one in Monroe County has no signs. I have to travel to a different one for some classes.
    Good news, you don't live in a communist state... Few things are offlimits in this state, even fewer places have metal detectors.

(Greene County)

The careerlink offices I've been to don't have metal detectors or signs posted, unlike the local DPW. I've gone CC into careerlink a handful of times and I've not had an issue.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. - Samuel Adams

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vig View Post
    The careerlink offices I've been to don't have metal detectors or signs posted, unlike the local DPW. I've gone CC into careerlink a handful of times and I've not had an issue.
    Local DPW?

(Greene County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Local DPW?
    DPW = Department of Public Welfare, or Assistance Office, whatever they're calling themselves this year

Greene Co. DPW has posted "no firearms" signage and apparently they're within the law to prohibit (citation needed). I don't think I saw any signs at the one in Indiana though.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. - Samuel Adams

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vig View Post
    DPW = Department of Public Welfare, or Assistance Office, whatever they're calling themselves this year

Greene Co. DPW has posted "no firearms" signage and apparently they're within the law to prohibit (citation needed). I don't think I saw any signs at the one in Indiana though.
    As far as property goes, they could.... but I believe they lack rulemaking authority (like the DCNR has) to make summery offenses--haven't researched it though. If they lack rulemaking authority then it's no different than a mall with a no weapons sign.

They also seem to hate guns: http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/Resources...riculumV51.pdf

Check out that PDF.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    … I believe they lack rulemaking authority (like the DCNR has) to make summery offenses…
    The Department of Public Welfare (DPW) has the following regulations in place:
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWohlschlag View Post
    The Department of Public Welfare is a state agency that has the authority to create and enforce its own regulations. Such regulations can be found in Title 55 (Public Welfare) of the Pa. Code:

• Part V. Children, Youth, and Families Manual
      • Subpart D. Nonresidential Agencies, Facilities and Services

• Subpart E. Residential Agencies, Facilities and Services

• Part VIII. Mental Retardation Manual
      • Subpart E. Residential Agencies/Facilities/Services
        • Article I. Licensing/Approval

• Part VIII. Mental Retardation Manual
      • Subpart E. Residential Agencies/Facilities/Services

So, depending on where this place was, it may very well be a legal prohibition and not subject to state preemption.
    The statutory authority for the Department of Public Welfare to promulgate these regulations can be found on the respective Pa. Code pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWohlschlag View Post
    The Department of Public Welfare is a state agency given the power to enact and enforce regulations by state statute.

The provisions of this [Pa. Code] Chapter 2600 issued under section 211 and Articles IX and X of the Public Welfare Code (62 P.S. §§ 211, 901–922, and 1001–1087), unless otherwise noted.

The provisions of this [Pa. Code] Chapter 3270 issued under Articles IX and X of the Public Welfare Code (62 P.S. §§ 901–922 and 1001–1087), unless otherwise noted.

The provisions of this [Pa. Code] Chapter 3280 issued under Articles IX and X of the Public Welfare Code (62 P.S. §§ 901–922 and 1001–1087), unless otherwise noted.

The provisions of this [Pa. Code] Chapter 3290 issued under Articles IX and X of the Public Welfare Code (62 P.S. §§ 901–922 and 1001–1087), unless otherwise noted.

The provisions of this [Pa. Code] Chapter 3800 issued under Articles IX and X of the Public Welfare Code (62 P.S. §§ 901–922 and 1001–1080), unless otherwise noted.

The provisions of this [Pa. Code] Chapter 6400 issued under the Public Welfare Code (62 P.S. § 1021); amended under Article X of the Public Welfare Code (62 P.S. §§ 1001–1080), unless otherwise noted.

The provisions of this [Pa. Code] Chapter 6500 issued under Article X of the Public Welfare Code (62 P.S. §§ 1001–1080), unless otherwise noted.

This is a situation similar to the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) being able to prohibit the open carry of firearms within a state park in 17 Pa. Code § 11.215 under the authority granted to them by 71 P.S. § 1340.313, part of the Conservation and Natural Resources Act. Regulations found in the Pa. Code are still state regulations under the authority of various state statutes, and are not subject to preemption.

As long as the facility in the original post falls under the purview of one of the previously cited Pa. Code sections, they’re binding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast