Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: Time to fight back, I've started a political blog.

I have signed up

Good first step in getting the words out, Skuggi. I think the blog would get more participants if the articles appeal the mass interests, like "free" emergency medical service to illegal immigrants cut into the state expense for public education like in California. This would make common taxpayers worry and they would be interested in finding out "what is up". Of course, this is a new blog and I am sure as time progresses, more people would join.

I personally belong to a philosophy forum and so far, the forum only has 53 members in 3 and half years! I think it is because the web author posts about his narrow views and opinions without much weight and researches behind them. Just like one man who complains about his dog crapping in the house, he he heh........I guess everyone has his/her own conflict and he/she would not want to hear more from others.

I am sure if you post about the rising rate of illegals taking jobs as "security" guards for meth labs in the isolated woods, then you would get more people paranoid and they would think that they should buy guns to protect themselves while hiking. Once they own guns, it is hard for them not to support the 2A.

Anyway, these are just my rants, FWIW.......good luck with the blog, eh he he heh...

1FingrCHan

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bige64 View Post
    you can change the theme background of the site if you so please...
    Yea, I knew that one would be the most controversial, so I had an alternate:

4. Still trying to figure out "what would Jesus do?"

(Allegheny County)

1FingrCHan Thanks for the advice, I will be broadening it up more, Stuff like what you suggested where there wouldn't be a "news" area so to speak, will be coming up, hopefully tonight or tomorrow, I need to make a "Rants and Raves" section and an image for it.

Hehe I forgot how hard it was to get a CMS going from the ground up. Also trying to add web links, I've started easiest first, "Gun Manufacturers" Next will be any of the other Political blogs that are on this slant, but then again, it could be better to just put in straight RSS feeds... hmm... Too much thinking for this early, haven't had my coffee yet.

(Chester County)

Nice will be joing up later tonight hope you don't mind me sharing your site with a bunch of pro-gun Paratroopers

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Nice will be joing up later tonight hope you don't mind me sharing your site with a bunch of pro-gun Paratroopers
    Not at all share all ya want! Especially with a good group of people like yourselves.

(Allegheny County)

I just noticed a couple of the guys form here who registered up over at my site, are halfway between activation. Apparently some ISP's like AOL think that it's spam and are messing with it. I'm working on a way to approve you guys automatically, but you may need to try again after 24 hours, or you can PM me here when you'll be online and I can manually delete you from the DB and then you can re-register... Damn ISP's Unless I get this hack i'm working on, setup, then i'll be able to manually approve everyone.

[edit] Went into the MySQL DB itself and physically moved you 3 over to the users section, you can now login with the information you registered with. I have also turned off e-mail verification and turned on image verification to snip the problem at the root [/edit]
    Last edited by Skuggi; June 15th, 2007 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    i would if i agreed with the politics at all. All i could think reading the last article was that it's a shame that 11,000 drug offenders spent any time in prison. At least paris hilton is a danger to society and not just herself, putting others at risk with her driving habits.

Also, i feel like illegal immigration is illegal like illegally carrying a handgun is illegal or illegal posession of a controlled substance is illegal. It's only illegal because some politician put that word there. It's a victimless crime. The fact that immigrants or anyone gets my money to go to school or get medical treatment makes me a victim of theft, but not by immigrants, by the government. The real problem is entitlement programs. WIthout those, what's the problem?

I'm also for ex-felons being able to own guns. If they've been released then the state believes they are rehabilitated. I bet if they could go out and buy a gun that day the state would be a little more careful who they let out of jail. This is not to say that not owning guns for the remainder of your sentence could not be a condition for parole. I'm not for the law against the mentally ill since a) it's an invasion of privacy and b) who's to say who's mentally ill? the APA classified homosexuality as a mental illness for a long time. If you're a legitimate danger to society, you should be removed from it, not be allowed to operate in it with a few worthless restrictions.
    very well said...............

(Allegheny County)

To be honest I don't know if I will sign up, but it's in my bookmarks list.

I just can't get into blogs for some reason. Maybe it's just because anyone can start a blog it seems like it carries no weight. I actually like most of your articles and think you are doing a good job.

Maybe i'm just jealous. I could have a kick ass blog if I wasn't too lazy to update it. Damn laziness!

Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12