Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was Robbed!!

(Philadelphia County)

Default I was Robbed!!

By Soverign Bank

I ran into a situation where I deposited payroll checks last tuesday and it took too long for them to clear. (3 days) I then had to pay a bill with that money so I am left with overdraft fees of 300$ for a 200$ overdraft from Soverign Bank. Needless to say I have spent countless hours trying to get my money back and many like me are struggling.

Lesson to all - Avoid this bank at all costs!!

In addition - I am contemplating standing on the sidewalk in front of my local Soverign Bank - Devon PA - with a huge sign for all to see that Soverign Bank Stole my money. I am looking for guidance and legalities of this. I dont want to end up arrested or anything like that. I simply want to bring attention to this Robbery and hopefully persuade people to not use Soverign Bank EVER AGAIN.

Opinions?

Legal Issues? - I am interested to hear

(Monroe County)

Default Re: I was Robbed!!

you have no legal ground to fight Soverign, I strongly encourage you to read your agreement with the bank.

In most cases they actually give date when money will "be there" or the check will be considered a rubber check, its normally like 2 weeks or more.

Banks last year took in something like 38 BILLION in overdraft fees

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090810/...nks_overdrafts

Get a new bank, I use PSECU, they cover up to 3 "bounced" checks / month up to like 150.00 I think
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    you have no legal ground to fight Soverign, I strongly encourage you to read your agreement with the bank.

In most cases they actually give date when money will "be there" or the check will be considered a rubber check, its normally like 2 weeks or more.

Banks last year took in something like 38 BILLION in overdraft fees

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090810/...nks_overdrafts

Get a new bank, I use PSECU, they cover up to 3 "bounced" checks / month up to like 150.00 I think
    I understand that he has a contractual obligation to the bank, and the bank did nothing wrong......

But, if he wants to stand outside the bank with a sign, he most definatly has the right! (as long as it's not private property) I had a guy stand outside of my office for a week straight complaining about a car dealership that was two stores over. He couldn't stand at the dealership cause i guess they kicked him off of their property, so he stood in a lot that was empty across the street from my office. Nothing ever came of the guy holding the sign, and I don't think the dealership lost any business because of him. But he did exercise his right as an american to free speech.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Chester County)

You may state anything that you like, under one condition. THAT IT IS THE TRUTH. I don't know if this will be one of those cases. It appears that the bank simply enforced the policy that you agreed to when opening your account.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    But, if he wants to stand outside the bank with a sign, he most definatly has the right!
    And if he's going to use a huge sign for all to see that Soverign Bank Stole his money?
    They didn't steal his money.
    He might want to retain a lawyer for his libel and slander lawsuits.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    And if he's going to use a huge sign for all to see that Soverign Bank Stole his money?
    They didn't steal his money.
    He might want to retain a lawyer for his libel and slander lawsuits.
    the guy who had the sign from the dealership had pretty much the same sign... something about how they are theifs and stole his money for not fixing his brakes or something... only time he'd need a lawyer is if the bank decided to take action on this one guy.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    the guy who had the sign from the dealership had pretty much the same sign... something about how they are theifs and stole his money for not fixing his brakes or something...
    I don't know about the dealership guy. Maybe they stole his money. This isn't the case with Soverign Bank.

only time he'd need a lawyer is if the bank decided to take action on this one guy.
    Which is why I said he might want to retain a lawyer. His choice to play the odds.
    If you're going to partake in actions of known or questionable legality, retaining a lawyer before hand is usually a good idea.

(Lawrence County)

gotcha....................

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by klausag View Post
    By Soverign Bank

I ran into a situation where I deposited payroll checks last tuesday and it took too long for them to clear. (3 days) I then had to pay a bill with that money so I am left with overdraft fees of 300$ for a 200$ overdraft from Soverign Bank. Needless to say I have spent countless hours trying to get my money back and many like me are struggling.
    Lesson to all - Avoid this bank at all costs!!
    In addition - I am contemplating standing on the sidewalk in front of my local Soverign Bank - Devon PA - with a huge sign for all to see that Soverign Bank Stole my money. I am looking for guidance and legalities of this. I dont want to end up arrested or anything like that. I simply want to bring attention to this Robbery and hopefully persuade people to not use Soverign Bank EVER AGAIN.
    Opinions?
    Legal Issues? - I am interested to hear
    This is interesting
    Soverign Bank charges $35.00 for an overdraft and $5.00 per day until the overdraft is cleared up. There has to be something else going on. This is not robbery. You agreed to the contract and fees when you opened the account.
    You should not have been bouncing checks!!!!
    Sounds like you need a 2nd job as the first is not paying enough or you are living above your means.

My suggestion to you is visit http://www.daveramsey.com

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Somerset County)

Sounds like what they do is legal but ethical , not so . I would find another bank .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast