Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Leesport Farmer's Market Gun Show

Aug. 15(Sat.) GUN SHOW - Produced by Appalachian Promotions - 9:00AM to 4:00PM
    Aug. 16(Sun.) - 9:00AM to 3:00PM

Admission - $7.00

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: Leesport Farmer's Market Gun Show

Go to appalachianpromotions.com and print out their $1 off coupon for this show. Not a bad show. I bought several hundred rounds of 380 ammo there in March and my Ruger LCP.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Leesport Farmer's Market Gun Show

well I went there early this am and this is what I saw:

1. The ammo guy from the Philly show was there and he did have a good supply of ammo this time. He was doing wolf 1k @289 and brass case federal at 1k@ 369.

2. AR 15 receivers in good stock. Range from 119 to 169.

3. AR15 lower receivers were 259 to 329.

4. LOTS of AR15 rifles from most of the vendors.

5. One Sagia 12ga was 569(?)

6. Plenty of handguns.

and the prices have come down from the post election madness.

and the place is small and there were plenty of looker and a few takers.

Dave aka PA Gunparts was there.

I was looking for 30 carbine ammo and was a no go. The guy from Philly didn't have any. One dealer did but he wanted 40 a box. Cabellas finally has S&B 30 carbine for 24 a box.

No primers or powder either

so all I came home with was a sling for my AK

hope this helps
    gotta love her ;)

(Berks County)

I was there this Sat. AM as well.....

My findings?
    1. Ammo prices by the Ammoman were way too high (although there WAS a very attractive Blonde working the stand!

2. Prices on rifles are way down from last show....Ak's anywhere from very low $400's to around $900. AR's starting in the $700 range. Found a real nice Stag in left hand for a great price, but thankfully I left the CC at home!

3. I saw a LOT of pistols being sold. Prices looked pretty good all around. Colt 1911 for around $700. Kahr's priced below retail & some nice prices on S&W wheelguns. Lots of EBR's in .22 cal that looked like fun. Found a new GSG AK-22 as well. I didn't even know they made it to market yet. They were VERY impressive as far as percieved build quality.

4. No pistol primers. But I did pick up some WIN 231 for only $18 (which is $3 less than Cabelas....if they ever get it in).

5. I liked this show! Tables are a little close together & someone did fart near me, which didn't make me all that happy. It is WARM in there...the A/C was not running.

(Berks County)

I was pleasantly surprised by the two bikini carwash girls who came in after 1:00 PM today to promote a carwash supporting a local fire company. Very nice, probably would sell a lot of guns and ammo.

I found one of the two guns I wanted for a fair price ($90-120 cheaper than local dealers) for the XD subcompact (Thanks Ken!). Picked up a box of Speer Lawman 40 S&W for $20. So I'll be looking for 40 cal as well at Wal-Mart. The only 380 cal was $35 for Hydroshoks. Ammo prices overall were high. More handguns at this show than in March. AR rifles appear to be coming down. The usual knives and WW surplus/memorabilia. I too like this show.

(York County)

Default Re: Leesport Farmer's Market Gun Show

I went today. Generally good selection and prices getting back to normal (except the bozo trying to get $250+ on stripped lowers). I picked up a clean Ruger Mark II Target (4" bull barrel) for $240 OTD. Not a killer deal, but they're getting harder to find, and i've been good.

After the show, I went up to Cabela's and abused my points and the "spend $500 and get a $150 gift card". Picked up a Leupold VX-III, 6-20x40 (30mm tube),Warne rings, a couple boxes of Hornady .223 vmax ammo, a kayak paddle, a PFD, and a chocolate bar Good times.............
    9mm = 45acp set on "stun"