Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default pistol ammo were are you?

I have been looking around on the net and some stores and you can't find pistol ammo any place, if you do it's so over priced I know I walk out shaking my head in discuss. Does anyone know why ammo manufactors or stores are so short? Can it be so much in demand that they can supply it fast enough or is manufactors cutting back shipping dates and we have to wait til the next ship to date comes to suppliers? Hey just ranting some.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: pistol ammo were are you?

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    I have been looking around on the net and some stores and you can't find pistol ammo any place, if you do it's so over priced I know I walk out shaking my head in discuss. Does anyone know why ammo manufactors or stores are so short? Can it be so much in demand that they can supply it fast enough or is manufactors cutting back shipping dates and we have to wait til the next ship to date comes to suppliers? Hey just ranting some.
    You must have missed the news earlier this year... OBAMA! Have you tried Wally World lately? They seem to be getting it a little more regularly. Don't expect it to be there when you want it, but if you're patient, you'll find it. You can't really find it cheaper anywhere else (just like most of the crap they sell).

... now that I think about it, the economy is probably WalMart's fault...

(Montgomery County)

Stores up near me have only just started to get stocks on the shelves. Dicks in North Coventry finally has 40S&W on the shelves after several months, along with many other handgun calibers. Will check WalMart in Pottstown when I get out of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0
    When are people going to learn that safety is not a "feeling"

(Delaware County)

Targetmaster on 202 usually has a decent supply.

French Creek too, but higher priced.

I've seen odds and ends of ammo at the WalMArt in King of Prussia, never at the one in Boothwynn

Online. www.Cheaperthandirt.com isn't too bad.
    www.Cabelas.com is ok too, just put in an order and it'll show up eventually
    www.natchezss.com sometimes has a deal or two if $14 a box for Federal 9mm is a deal.
    www.surplusammo.com sometimes is lucky.

you just have to shop around and be patient.

www.gunbroker.com every once in a while has a deal or two.,

(Allegheny County)

while i do see pistol ammo starting to show up again, walmart seems to be the only place i can find with reasonable prices at the moment. (i used to never buy ammo at walmart, but now i buy it all there and will continue to until other people stop charging over 50% more.)

a few walmarts around here seem to actually be getting back to the point of regularly having pistol ammo in stock. $8.97 for 50 rounds of blazer brass or federal champion 9mm practice ammo. $19.97 for 100 rounds or WWB. $10.47 for 50 rounds of UMC.

i'd suggest checking out any walmarts in your area.
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dm_n_stuff View Post
    www.natchezss.com sometimes has a deal or two if $14 a box for Federal 9mm is a deal.
    i used to buy all my ammo from natchez. he used to have very fair prices and good service. his prices are absurd today, though--not that that makes him any different from just about everyone else (except walmart), though.

at any rate, he will get my business again when he comes back down to $10 or less per 50 rounds for 9mm practice ammo.
    F*S=k

As of yesterday, SportsmansGuide.com had 9mm cases of Wolf for about $210... not sure if they still have any in stock..

www.georgia-arms.com is taking orders if you can wait 2-3 months for delivery.

eta: BTW, you guys who keep complaining about "price gouging..." it's not gouging if there is a legitimate shortage. The laws of supply and demand always work, even when it's not to the benefit to the consumer. It's one of the hallmarks of liberal thinking to deny the laws of economics (and physics, and everything else).
    Last edited by ehidle; August 12th, 2009 at 12:05 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    eta: BTW, you guys who keep complaining about "price gouging..." it's not gouging if there is a legitimate shortage. The laws of supply and demand always work, even when it's not to the benefit to the consumer. It's one of the hallmarks of liberal thinking to deny the laws of economics (and physics, and everything else).
    all true.

then again, part of supply and demand says "mr. consumer should buy from the supplier that is selling ammo for $8.97 per 50 rounds rather than the place that is selling ammo for $14.99 per 50 rounds".
    F*S=k

(Philadelphia County)

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/

I've ordered twice from there, and they're a good company - good communication and quick shipping. Though I wouldn't buy target ammo online unless I absolutely had to - Wal Mart is my first stop for that. Haven't been there in a while, though, so I don't know how well their stock is.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    all true.

then again, part of supply and demand says "mr. consumer should buy from the supplier that is selling ammo for $8.97 per 50 rounds rather than the place that is selling ammo for $14.99 per 50 rounds".
    But, if the guy selling it for $8.97 doesn't have any, then the point is moot. I can put any price sticker I want on the shelf if I don't have the product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast