Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Carrying extra mag/firearm?

Hey guys, I had an odd conversation this weekend with a bunch of different people while camping.

All were pro-carry, but there was an unresolved end of the discussion concerning carrying an extra magazine or a second (or more) firearm.

I personally know of no laws that say you cannot carry an extra mag or backup firearm/s, but about half the group believed that it was illegal.

The arguement was that a single firearm is defensive, but more than that causes you to become "offensive."

Does anyone know of any laws like this, or is it more of a courtroom argument like "My goodness, he was armed to the teeth, obviously he wasn't just defending himself."

Thanks!

Default Re: Carrying extra mag/firearm?

yes it's legal to carry more the one gun/mag.

(Northampton County)

In PA, you receive a "License to Carry Firearms". Carrying more than one is not only illegal, but it is the only way to live up to the expressed intent of the License, which recommends the plural.
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Washington County)

I would have to agree with you that there is no law against carrying a second mag/firearm. Cops carry 2 extra mags and sometimes a back up peace. No matter what you do the prosecutor is going to do his best to demonize you.

I am not a Lawyer.

It's a personnel choice. No laws against it.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Delaware County)

Carry as much as you want. Good luck keeping your pants up though.

I carry 1 with 1 spare magazine. I have friends that carry 2 with 4 spare Magazines.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    Good luck keeping your pants up though.
    This is really the limiting factor...don't want to be 'unexpectedly OCing' in what are now all ankle holsters...hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Anderson
    No matter what you do the prosecutor is going to do his best to demonize you.
    That's just it. They will give you the same crap for pepper spray, carrying a snubby revolver, full-sized 1911, or three firearms with 100+rounds

Carry what you feel you need to be prepared...
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Garlisk View Post
    Hey guys, I had an odd conversation this weekend with a bunch of different people while camping.

All were pro-carry, but there was an unresolved end of the discussion concerning carrying an extra magazine or a second (or more) firearm.

I personally know of no laws that say you cannot carry an extra mag or backup firearm/s, but about half the group believed that it was illegal.

The arguement was that a single firearm is defensive, but more than that causes you to become "offensive."

Does anyone know of any laws like this, or is it more of a courtroom argument like "My goodness, he was armed to the teeth, obviously he wasn't just defending himself."

Thanks!
    Ask them, does the fact that most police officers carry back up weapons mean they are "offensive"?

No laws or restrictions as to how many firearms and/or magazines you can carry.

(Pike County)

Yep, that whole "pants up" thing is it. I think I need suspenders when I work, gun, bug, mags, cuffs, baton, radio, glove pouch, pepper, keys aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, where are my pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Luzerne County)

Ask then to provide you with a copy of the law stateing only one gun, one mag.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast