Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Three charged in Tannersville gunpoint robbery

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...9979/-1/NEWS05

Melvin Bisher, 30, of Easton, Angelo Fiola, 46, of Stroudsburg and Shawn Amhurst, 21, of Henryville are charged with robbing a man at gunpoint Friday afternoon in the Turkey Hill parking lot on Route 611 in Tannersville, Pocono Township police said.

At about 6 p.m. Friday, James Castellano drove to the Turkey Hill parking lot to meet Bisher and buy a video game from him, according to information gathered by police. Bisher, Fiola and Amhurst arrived in their vehicle with Amhurst driving.

Bisher and Fiola got out and approached Castellano. Bisher pointed a handgun at Castellano's head and took money, car keys and a Coach bag from him. Bisher and Fiola then got back in their vehicle and fled, heading north on Route 611.

A witness gave police a description of the suspects' vehicle, which police then broadcast. The Pocono Record sent out a cell phone text alert with the suspects' vehicle description.

Shortly after 8 p.m., a motorist heading south on Route 33 in Northampton County got the text alert, realized he was driving behind the suspects' vehicle at the time and called 911. Minutes later, state police from the Belfast barracks stopped the vehicle near the Stockertown exit and took the suspects into custody, after which they were brought back to Monroe County and arraigned on charges.

Bisher, Fiola and Amhurst are charged with robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery while Bisher is charged also with aggravated assault and simple assault. All three were placed in Monroe County Correctional Facility, Bisher and Fiola in lieu of $100,000 and Amhurst in lieu of $75,000 bail.

All will appear in district court at a future date for a preliminary hearing.

Why do people keep asking me why I carry? Well duh it's stuff like this.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Three charged in Tannersville gunpoint robbery

You scared me! I was in a Turkey Hill on 611 Friday afternoon with shooter357. I didn't know where Tannersville was - that was not the one. Plus these guys got pulled over right next to my town.

Met at a Turkey Hill to sell a video game? Think they met online?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Its the video game fault.

Wonder if the video game was grand theft auto?

Who says there is not a link between video games and violence?
    Time for a ban on assault craiglist?

Unforetunatly Tannersville seems to be the new epicenter of the "Pocono problem". The Weiss market plaza across the street from that Turkey Hill (the one Warner's used to be in has become extremely dangerous after dark and has even had several muggings and robberies in the parking lot in broad daylight.

I was just there shopping 2 hours ago and you can be damn sure I ALWAYS OC in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    I was just there shopping 2 hours ago and you can be damn sure I ALWAYS OC in that area.
    Why do you have to do that? Me and my kids shop there all the time. Don't you know there are children (and muggers, robbers, rapists, and gang members)there?

Cool Beans. Three less pieces of shit on the loose in the Pocono's.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Why do you have to do that? Me and my kids shop there all the time. Don't you know there are children (and muggers, robbers, rapists, and gang members)there?
    Gee, NEVER had a SINGLE complaint!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Gee, NEVER had a SINGLE complaint!
    So you don't feel left out I will have to complain the next time I see you oc. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    Why do people keep asking me why I carry? Well duh it's stuff like this.
    Haha, I know Melvin Bisher. He's a good runner in jail, does a good job of cleaning up, haha. He's always in and out of jail. He comes in skinny because he's on crack and then gains weight while locked up. What a douche, he'll never learn.
    Bazinga

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post
    So you don't feel left out I will have to complain the next time I see you oc. LOL
    That plaza is pretty used to seeing people OC. Since Warner's was there they saw many people OCing around the place and I'm pretty sure Rich shops there as well OC of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF4i View Post
    Haha, I know Melvin Bisher. He's a good runner in jail, does a good job of cleaning up, haha. He's always in and out of jail. He comes in skinny because he's on crack and then gains weight while locked up. What a douche, he'll never learn.
    Well his pic needs to be plastered all over the place so we know who to watch out for. If we know the scums face then they will not have the upper hand and we can be better prepared around them.

(Monroe County)

This is a little close home.. I'm in that area all the time. Broadheadsville is also close to Tannersville but seems stangely unaffected by these goings on.
    I CC there almost daily. Maybe I should show some steel to deter such acts.
    Whew... puts a gun to his head? Thats scary shit. Imagine being only 5 pounds away from having that thing discharge into your skull!
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast