Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Moving to PA part 2

hi guys,
    sorry its been so long I have been very busy lately, well I found a place to live! I am going to be moving to Lancaster Not city proper more out, I finalize the paper work on Friday. so its time for you guys to fill me in! Where are the good places to shoot, good shops and anything else that might be helpful for me. I’m getting very excited I really like that area, I guess the only place that I know of is cabalas. Like I said any info firearm related or not would be helpful. I have not spent a lot of time around that area basically found the apartment got It and came home.

kk

Default Re: Moving to PA part 2

Trops and Kinsey's are in Lancaster county. They are probably 2 miles from each other. Trops has more of the "tactical" weapons and Kinsey's is more geared for hunters.

(Bucks County)

Also check out Backwoods Outfitters in Columbia. Tom, the owner is a real good guy. He also always has a table at the Valley Forge Gun show. Shyda's gun shop in Lebanon should not be that far from you. They usually have the best prices around on guns.

I belonged to Mt. Joy Sportsmen when I lived in Lancaster. You can only shoot lead bullets at their indoor range but it's nice to be able to shoot year round. They also have a rifle range out to 200 yards.

Another good club in the area is Milton Grove Rod and Gun in Elizabethtown. I was never a member there but I've shot there as a guest of a friend several times. I don't believe they have an indoor range though.

Neither of the above ranges had any rules that limit the number of rounds you can load or rules about the amount of time between shots when I was there last.

I didn't want to mention Shyda's b/c he's new in town. But I agree, they have great prices...especially on reloading componets.

Pending on where in the county your at, Shydas is close if your in the northern part of Lancaster. Pretty good prices and a decent selection of both hunting and some tacti-cool firearms, probably one of the better pistol selections around. Good batch of reloading supplies.

They are a stocking dealer for Glock, Sig, Beretta, Kimber, Smith & Wesson and usually have a couple of HKs, and Springfield XDs.

Rilfes and shotguns from the alot of makers, Benelli, Remington, Winchester, Howda, Mossberg.

All around a pretty good shop.

http://www.shydasgunshop.com
    Last edited by jdlv4_0; June 11th, 2007 at 02:35 PM.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Chester County)

I am in chester county and I shoot at atglen sportsmens club in atglen. It is on the lancaster/chester border.

500 meter range and much more. Very nice place.