Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Good Carry Guns????

I'm in the market for a good carry gun. Specifically, I'm looking for a pocket gun. I'm not into the inside waistband, shoulder, or other holsters - I want it small enough to fit and carry in my pocket. Does anyone have any good choices? It seems there really isn't much selection outside of the Keltec and S & W lines for pocket guns.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Good Carry Guns????

Quote Originally Posted by PGW View Post
    I'm in the market for a good carry gun. Specifically, I'm looking for a pocket gun. I'm not into the inside waistband, shoulder, or other holsters - I want it small enough to fit and carry in my pocket. Does anyone have any good choices? It seems there really isn't much selection outside of the Keltec and S & W lines for pocket guns.
    The beretta tip-up models are pretty compact. The keltec P-32 is a very small one.

with a pocket auto, you're pretty much limited to .22/.25 or maybe .32. for a larger caliber in a compact size, you could look at a 2 shot derringer. 2 shots of 9mm or 45 might be better than 5 shots of 22.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

There are lots of pocket guns that come in good defensive calibers nowadays.

I pocket carry a Kahr MK9 with no problems. Jacket, front pants, back pants. If you find that a little too heavy, consider the polymer-framed PM9. They are 5.3" long, 4.0" tall. MK9 is 22.1 oz unloaded, PM9 is 14.9 oz unloaded.

These are 9mm -- same guns are also available in .40S&W, with one round reduction in magazine capacity.

Kahr is also coming out this summer with a pocketable PM45 that shoots .45ACP, and is about 5.67" long (IIRC).

If you want to go smaller, consider the NAA Guardian -- comes in .380 and .32, with a smaller frame than the MK/PMs. The Seecamps are also popular.

If you've oodles of cash, also consider the Rohrbaugh 9mm.

The Internets will give you lots of info about all of these....
    Last edited by Johannes_Paulsen; June 11th, 2007 at 09:51 AM.

thers so many litle pocket semi autos but they just arent reliable, i would never trust one with my life... i own a s&w 340pd, very light its my pocket gun i forget its there.... and in 357mag its gnna do the job, they ask for yur money u say ok reach in and come out with a bang only popcketgun i'd own is a revolver, semiautos just havent been perfected yet, to many small moving parts that cant handle the blast

Colt Mustang in .380 if you can find one.

Kahr PM9 / PM40

Rohrbaugh R9

Keltec

Smith and Wesson J frame revolvers

I think the Walther PPKs is in the running for pocket carry also.

I prefer my Mustang and my Smith 642. Pesonally, I would avoind anyhitng smaller than .380. If all your going to carry is a pocket gun, I'd go with the Rohrbaugh 9mm or a Kahr PM model in 9mm or .40.

The .22, .25, and .32 are just to iffy IMHO.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    thers so many litle pocket semi autos but they just arent reliable,

I have not found this to be true.

And the PPK may be a little too big for pocket, isn't it around 6" long?

And I agree, generally, with not going lower than .380 if you can, but anything's better than nothing at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
    I have not found this to be true.

And the PPK may be a little too big for pocket, isn't it around 6" long?

And I agree, generally, with not going lower than .380 if you can, but anything's better than nothing at the end of the day.
    It all depends on the pockets, some can hide a glock 26, 3" 1911, Bersa .380 or a PPKs.

Here's some pics of a Colt Mustang +II, a Bersa .380 and a 3" 1911.
    I need to update this photo with my 642.

I find the larger .380s still too big as well as the others, but it all depends on the indivdual.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

I guess that's true. I could, technically, fit a Glock 26 in my usual blue jeans pockets, but it probably wouldn't be that comfortable for too long.

Most of the Kahrs are 6" long or less, so you have a lot of choices there, too.

This is the page for the NAA firearms. Everything they make is pocketable. My dad has a .22 Magnum revolver, and it disappears when he puts it in his pocket (with holster):

http://www.naaminis.com/

(Delaware County)

I have a Kahr CW9, 5 3/4" long, 4 1/2" from the bottom of the clip to the top of the slide, and 3/4" wide, considered mid size in the Kahr line. I carry it in my strong side front pants pocket in an Uncle Mikes IWB Sidekick Holster. I have a real nice Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster, goes IWB but because of my belly size it's not real comfy. If I lose the weight I'd like to lose then I'd go IWB with the Blade-Tech, but until then it's pocket carry for me.

Check out the Kel-tec P3AT...it's only a little .380, but it's just plain and simply teeny. You'll forget you have it and at less than $250, it's not a wallet buster like the Kahr PM9. I prefer the Kahr, but if you want one with night sights, be prepared to spend at least $650 for a new one.

I would not trust my life to anything smaller than .380...9mm is really as small as I would comfortably go, but it's better than your boot. I prefer my 24 rounds of 45 ACP, but that doesn't come in a pocket sized package.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast