Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default A War Is Starting

Warning: there's a word in here that may cause some people to inflict negative emotions upon themselves. Please, if you feel there are words that hurt you then please, go away!

Here's an interesting situation that's occurring between my folks, and my neighbors. Well here it goes my neighbors always park their cars in front of my parent's house, and well the front spots of my neighbor's house is always empty. This pisses my folks off.

Well my father started parking his car in front of our house, and this way they couldn't, but this weekend they've managed to still park their car in front of my parents house. My parents outraged decided to make a bold statement. Drive their car out of its garage, and park it in front of my neighbors house so now there's an interesting stand off confrontation going on today.

As far as I know my neighbors are alright. Well really the husband, Craig is, but the wife, windy is a bit of a loose cannon, and an english teacher from my, a retard couldn't fail this retarded high school high school. As anyone wise knows woman are dangerous for inpatients, especially ones with kids, and I don't trust her mentality so I just can't see where this could end up. Especially if she gets into a confrontation with my new yorker, go fuck yourself dad.

Can anyone manipulate this situation, and assist it?

Default Re: A War Is Starting

Is there any interest in a peaceful resolution?

First, what (if any) diplomatic efforts were made by either your parents or the neighbors? Has anyone even spoken to them inquiring about the nature of the problem?

Second, tell us more about the local color or customs where you live. I know from living in West Chester at one point there are borough regulations mandating parking on one side of the street on certain days, and the other side on another day (street cleaning). What are the forces at work here?
    The trick is stopping this situation before it gets out of control.
    As a sincere suggestion, someone needs to read Dale Carnegie's book (URL link) big time. It's a real eye opener and is mandatory reading in some companies.

As one who'e seen neighborhood squabbles get out of hand, diplomacy and a peaceful resolution is in everyone's best interest. The dogs of war are very difficult (sometimes impossible) to call back once unleashed. The trick is stopping this situation before it gets out of control. No one really wins, and everyone loses including non-participants. Best case scenario: Think declining property value and lingering animosity. Worst case scenario: yelling, angry verbal exchanges, vandalism or worse. Who wants that?

Try to get this defuse if possible, because it will only get worse, especially when snow comes and someone parks in a spot they didn't shovel out.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

I second PA Rifleman's question: What happened when your parents asked them to stop parking in front of the house? Did they talk them them, or have they just been silently simmering?

And your fourth paragraph made no sense to me, by the way.

Is parking in front of the house causing any harm to the house's residents? (LIke blocking in the driveway or something?)

This sounds sort of familiar. I live near a bar, but as my family used to have a business on our property have a decent size parking lot in front of my house. This lot is posted with no parking signs all over the place. But, it seems that people either can't read, or are just that caught up in themselves that they think the signs don't apply to them, because just about every weekend someone has managed to park right at the end of the walk to my house. Now, that wouldn't annoy my so much, but at the end of my walk is a fence with a gate and they always manage to park so that I can't just walk out my sidewalk and into my lot. This is on private property, and there are signs, so this situation has gone so far as having cars towed at the owners expense before. I'm actually contemplating having barriers put up along the road so that there is just one entrance/exit to my lot that will be well marked with no trespassing/no parking signs.

(Lebanon County)

The real problem here is ya don't own the street. It's public parking. Is there a tree overhanging the street in front of the neighbors house that birds roost in? If not, it sounds like the neighbor knows it bothers your dad. Just remember, choose your battles wisely.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Is there any interest in a peaceful resolution?

First, what (if any) diplomatic efforts were made by either your parents or the neighbors? Has anyone even spoken to them inquiring about the nature of the problem?

Second, tell us more about the local color or customs where you live. I know from living in West Chester at one point there are borough regulations mandating parking on one side of the street on certain days, and the other side on another day (street cleaning). What are the forces at work here?
    The trick is stopping this situation before it gets out of control.
    As a sincere suggestion, someone needs to read Dale Carnegie's book (URL link) big time. It's a real eye opener and is mandatory reading in some companies.

As one who'e seen neighborhood squabbles get out of hand, diplomacy and a peaceful resolution is in everyone's best interest. The dogs of war are very difficult (sometimes impossible) to call back once unleashed. The trick is stopping this situation before it gets out of control. No one really wins, and everyone loses including non-participants. Best case scenario: Think declining property value and lingering animosity. Worst case scenario: yelling, angry verbal exchanges, vandalism or worse. Who wants that?

Try to get this defuse if possible, because it will only get worse, especially when snow comes and someone parks in a spot they didn't shovel out.
    Unfortunately no communication is being made. This laddie keeps her head turned, and never waves back. I don't see the husband either, because he works a lot in a hospital.

My street is somehow privately owned, so I can't really answer to much about it, but here's a picture from a sat.
    Red circle = mine, Orange = Neighbors.

There is another problem, and inevitable solution to this problem however. My neighbors are moving, but this puts a nice big hit & run variable into this equation to me.

By the way this problem initially came to be in the winter. The asshole parked her huge truck in front of my parents house without warning the night before a snow storm.

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    The real problem here is ya don't own the street. It's public parking. Is there a tree overhanging the street in front of the neighbors house that birds roost in? If not, it sounds like the neighbor knows it bothers your dad. Just remember, choose your battles wisely.
    You speak of a technically, and thats only manipulative. The real problem here is actually one from lack of curtsy.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Okay, but other than them not liking to see the neighbor's car in front of their house, how is this harming you/your parents?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post

By the way this problem initially came to be in the winter. The asshole parked her huge truck in front of my parents house without warning the night before a snow storm.
    Didn't that leave a huge spot that didn't need to be shoveled when they moved the truck? Parking there after you shovel your parking places is one thing, but this one might have actually saved you some work.

(Centre County)

I don't see what the problem is if the neighbors are moving. Just fake friendliness until they leave and then throw a party once they're gone.
    Anyway, by the looks of that neighborhood, I'd be the first to move.