Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default ObamaCare™ Compared to Nazi Eugenics

Yes, we can, indeed!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: ObamaCare™ Compared to Nazi Eugenics

They know what they're doing, kill off the retirees to save social security

I think people got wind of some of the pages of the bill proposals and ran with them.

They found the pages that referred to "end of life counseling" and formed the notion that it refers to enforced ending of elderly lives. Physicians would be forced to hold counseling sessions every 5 years for those over 55, in order to be paid for their services. They'd be required to discuss end of life issues and encourage patients to seriously consider their choices in the face of life threatening illness or advancing age.

I'm not sure we know how forceful or coercive that counseling would have to be. I don't think euthanasia is mentioned, but I haven't read the entire thing, either. I can certainly envision denial of care for those deemed "unworthy". Who gets to make that determination is also cause for some concern, but we see it now from insurance companies, so it's not a stretch.

When challenged to read the bill, reps have repeatedly said during town hall meetings (when they could be heard) that the bill isn't finalized yet and there's not a finished bill to be voted on.

I thought Obama wanted this to be pushed through as quickly as possible. If that's the case, why are we being told there isn't a finished bill? It wouldn't have been ready for a vote before the August recess, anyway. Or would it?

Too much missing information and way too much is left to interpretation at this point.

If it's such a great plan, let's see mandatory participation for all members of congress and all members of this administration. No exemptions, no favoritism in treatment, nothing that the average plan recipient won't get.

THAT would be true equality. Lots of members over 55 there.
    Last edited by Halftrack; August 8th, 2009 at 05:25 PM.
    The real answer is 42.

100% unadulterated HORSESHIT!

The bill makes payment available to those over a certain age for counseling, something they now do for free. It also allows patients, and their families, the ability to sit down and discuss all the "what ifs", something everyone should do anyways (especially those that are seriously ill or terminally ill).

The BOZOS running around with their hair on fire claiming this is a 'final solution' are the biggest joke around ... it's simply AMAZING how many lunatic ass wipes, with more mouth than brains there are out there.

The sad part is they are being associated with the Republican party (wrong or right). They are literally turning the party into the laughing stock of the decade and if it keeps going like it is I can foresee the end of that party.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    100% unadulterated HORSESHIT!
    I find it, I post it, maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Watcha gonna do if a significant amount of it is true?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    The bill makes payment available to those over a certain age for counseling, something they now do for free. It also allows patients, and their families, the ability to sit down and discuss all the "what ifs", something everyone should do anyways (especially those that are seriously ill or terminally ill).
    Then what the hell is family for? I don't want some dickweed government bureaucrat going over the 'what ifs' with my ill grandparents or parents, explaining to them that it may not be worth keeping them alive another week. Fuck that. There are living wills for that sort of thing (DNR). Give me a break.

And now for some comic relief:

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    I find it, I post it, maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Watcha gonna do if a significant amount of it is true?
    So Basically this is your research?

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Research? Finding another person's opinion is like finding a new scent on a breezy day at dinner time. I think the guy in the video was a bit excitable, but I'm not willing to discount the more ominous overtones of this horrid attempt to ram socialized medicine down our throats. I don't want it; I've seen what medical care is like in countries that have had long-term socialized medical systems.

The guy is an egomaniac. I'm waiting for the coronation and the crown of laurel leaves.

(Allegheny County)

read the actual portions of the bill (which, btw, wasn't authored by obama) and you will know whether it is true or not.

(hint: i read the portions regarding the so-called "eugenics"...not even remotely close.)
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

horrid attempt to ram socialized medicine down our throats.
    a much better opening than "nazi eugenics", imho.

as i mentioned in the other thread about the "eugenics" fear mongering, there are plenty of legitimate criticisms of the various healthcare proposals--including the one shaping up in congress which people refer to as obamacare (even though it is coming from congress and not obama).

but, when you start screaming about "nazi eugenics" all it does it make the people on the fence (which, strategically, is who you should be targeting) tune out any legitimate arguments you make.

i'd stick to legitimate criticisms, personally, so you maintain your credibility when discussing them.

just my 2 cents.
    F*S=k

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast