Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Taurus Judge Questions...

I am considering getting a Taurus Judge, but am unsure of which model to get. I am leaning towards the Magnum model that shoots 3 in shells, but my fear is that with the 3 in chamber I will lose accuracy with the .45s.
    Any experience with this?
    Anyone shot both models that can provide a Pro's Con's list?

Thanks guys

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Taurus Judge Questions...

troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Bucks County)

Held one. Looked cool. But then again, so does the ninja-mall tacti-cool shotguns with pistol grips..but they are a novelty with zero practical use just like derringers and the judge, IMO. Sorrz.

(York County)

pistol grips= better ability to hip fire in really close quarter scenarios. IMO you can pump them faster too.

That being said, I just put a stainless Magnum Judge on layaway. Looking and calling around for a few months and finally found one. Black/Blued ones aren't that hard to come across. They make a nice car gun so i've heard but suffer at ranges past 10-15 yards, unless you're using the .45 colts. I'm just getting mine mainly for fun and for that reason I'm sure it will deliver what I want it too. I'd get the magnum unless your heart is set for the ultralite for some reason.

(Monroe County)

Oh Boy , dont know where to start, the Judge is such a flexible and useful weapon, theres a myriad uses for it, excellent for working around the yard where you might encounter snakes and other nasties, excellent camping hiking gun, you can load it any way you want, shotshells followed by 2 Colt .45,s is the way i load mine, mine is deadly accurate with Winchester silvertips 225 grain bullets, i just put the big hiviz sigh on the target and pull and its decimated , the judge is one of the best ideas to come along in a long time . There is so much you can do with it.

Personally i like the 3 inch bbl with the 2.5 inch cylinders, make for a better balanced more compact gun.
    I own many extravagant and expensaive guns but the Judge is one of my favorites.

Nyman

(Chester County)

My opinion of what the Judge is runs completely contrary to what the above poster thinks.

I can't think of anything this gun excels at, other than shooting snakes.

.410 shotshells from a pistol barrel are good up to about... rabbits.
    .45LC is an expensive round to shoot, doesn't perform as well as .45ACP, and if I wanted to shoot it...I can think of a better platform than the Judge to shoot it out of.

It has to be the least practical pistol on the market, that I know about.

At least, that's my opinion....

(Monroe County)

Well a face full of #8 shot is all that would be needed to deter a armed car jacker and if he or she persists with their "jacking" thats when you let them have the big fat .45 Colt in com.

Well the .45 Colt have been killing people for over 100 years, Heck the .22 cal has been killing people since 1889 .
    Really how much power do you really need to defend yourself?

I tested mine at 10 ft. with Remington #8 shot and it put almost all if not all the pellets in a 8x11 sheet of paper, a pretty dense pattern , At what range did you tested yours?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7dude View Post
    pistol grips= better ability to hip fire in really close quarter scenarios. IMO you can pump them faster too.

That being said, I just put a stainless Magnum Judge on layaway. Looking and calling around for a few months and finally found one. Black/Blued ones aren't that hard to come across. They make a nice car gun so i've heard but suffer at ranges past 10-15 yards, unless you're using the .45 colts. I'm just getting mine mainly for fun and for that reason I'm sure it will deliver what I want it too. I'd get the magnum unless your heart is set for the ultralite for some reason.
    Hip fire in really close quarter scenarios=excellent example of ridiculous, never-gonna-happen scenarios to base owning pistol-grip on shotguns. Thank you for backing up my statement of novelty with zero practical use.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Well a face full of #8 shot is all that would be needed to deter a armed car jacker and if he or she persists with their "jacking" thats when you let them have the big fat .45 Colt in com.

Well the .45 Colt have been killing people for over 100 years, Heck the .22 cal has been killing people since 1889 .
    Really how much power do you really need to defend yourself?

I tested mine at 10 ft. with Remington #8 shot and it put almost all if not all the pellets in a 8x11 sheet of paper, a pretty dense pattern , At what range did you tested yours?
    I won't buy one, I don't need to defend myself against paper...I'm more worried about guys who look like Matt Hughes, trying to kill me. I'm not inclined to shoot birdshot at such individuals.

The .410 loads do not pack the punch they need to be worth shooting at people. The .45LC loads are second to .45ACP...and the Judge is an unwieldy package for 5 rounds of it.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    It has to be the least practical pistol on the market, that I know about.

At least, that's my opinion....
    but you can't argue that it wouldn't be one hell of a fun range toy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast