Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Lightbulb Purchasing need thoughs.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the Glock 22 .40 I already put 200.00 down waiting to get up the other 380.00 to pay it off. But was wondering everyone's thoughts on this weapon. I went to the range to see how i would be shooting a .40 again and i fired a Springfield XD .40 very very nice btw to expensive for my blood right now though. I plan on using this as a CC/OC weapong and also for my Act 235 Training. When i fired the Springfield XD my groups were very tight and where i wanted them to be. Ex military so i've fired alot of weapons in my time. Have not fired a handgun in quite a while so i figured i had to go to the range to see how i would be. Was originally looking at a 9mm but chose to go .40.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the jibberish and not staying with one topic. Problem of mine sometimes.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Purchasing need thoughs.

The Glock 22 is a superb choice. As good as the XD40 - and I'm sure some would say better (YMMV).

It should be accurate, lightweight, reliable, easygoing about ammo, relatively easy to field strip & clean, sweet in trigger feel, high capacity, high degree of parts availability, all the things that Glocks are traditionally very good at.

The normal caveats apply, however. You'll really want to stay the hell away from reloaded .40s.

(Note - this is not to diss the XD40, which is (I'm sure) a fine gun. I've been through this drill before and XDs and I don't get along - though others here do spectacularly well with them.)

(Westmoreland County)

The Glock 22 is one of my favorites. I've had mine for 5+ years and no problems.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by kunsunoke View Post
    The Glock 22 is a superb choice. As good as the XD40 - and I'm sure some would say better (YMMV).

It should be accurate, lightweight, reliable, easygoing about ammo, relatively easy to field strip & clean, sweet in trigger feel, high capacity, high degree of parts availability, all the things that Glocks are traditionally very good at.

The normal caveats apply, however. You'll really want to stay the hell away from reloaded .40s.

(Note - this is not to diss the XD40, which is (I'm sure) a fine gun. I've been through this drill before and XDs and I don't get along - though others here do spectacularly well with them.)
    I will agree with the problems with the XD40 in regards to me getting three jams in an hour time frame using Magtech Clean Range ammo.

(Bucks County)

Price seems high. I bought a NIB Glock 21 a few months ago for $472 +$25 shipping +$20 for FFL to receive/nic check totalling $517 OTD. I'll have to do some legwork to see if I could theoretically get cheaper.

Edit: BANG! Didn't take long. G22 RTF2 for BuyitNow $465 + $35 shipping + yourFFL cost to receive/nics(should be)$20=$520.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=136404376

Here's one $5.01 cheaper!
    Last edited by QuakertownRich; August 7th, 2009 at 06:03 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    Price seems high. I bought a NIB Glock 21 a few months ago for $472 +$25 shipping +$20 for FFL to receive/nic check totalling $517 OTD. I'll have to do some legwork to see if I could theoretically get cheaper.

Edit: BANG! Didn't take long.
    Mine is new in box for 580 only because i didn't have the funds to by a used new in box (was only fired a few times) for under 450.

Try this site: decent prices.

http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/...-Handguns.aspx

(Allegheny County)

If you plan on attaching a tactical light to the Glock 22 just make sure to test it thoroughly with your carry/duty ammo. Several Dept's have been reporting their Glock 22's malfunction with a light attached to the rails. I have experienced this as well with one of my Glock 22 RTF2's. Otherwise, with normal maintenance you'll be well served by the Glock 22.

(Lancaster County)

Glock model 22 is a very fine weapon. I was surprised with how accurate it is. I previously owned XDs as well. I sold them off and still have all four of the Glocks. How many PDs are using the model 22 now? I think its over 50 percent. That should tell you something. Like someone else said,you paid at least 80 dollars too much. Anything over 499 is too high. Encks Gun Barn has the blue labels (you can get this due to ex military as long as you still have any form of ID) for 449. They also come with a third mag. That may be water under the bridge now. Enjoy it when you get it. B

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Glock model 22 is a very fine weapon. I was surprised with how accurate it is. I previously owned XDs as well. I sold them off and still have all four of the Glocks. How many PDs are using the model 22 now? I think its over 50 percent. That should tell you something. Like someone else said,you paid at least 80 dollars too much. Anything over 499 is too high. Encks Gun Barn has the blue labels (you can get this due to ex military as long as you still have any form of ID) for 449. They also come with a third mag. That may be water under the bridge now. Enjoy it when you get it. B
    I may def keep that in mind. I don't think it was over priced i also get 10 Hours of range time which they sell for 14.00 per hour. And 5 Boxes Of Range ammo from Magtecg. Plus that location you stated is about 4 hours away from me. I live near pittsburgh now. And i don't like to have weapons shipped but i do go up that way to lancaster every now and then parent brother and sister live there.
    Last edited by Subzero121800; August 8th, 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Great gun, can't really go wrong. As long as Glock is your flavor. Mechanically sweet, with exception to the possible issues with rail attachment, and reloads. Simple, easy to clean, easy to fix, easy to shoot. You mentioned for CC/OC. I, personally, would not CC a Glock 22. It is certainly possible, but the advantages of a Glock 23/19 become quite clear after CCing one for a few hours. The sub-compact is even better for CC, but the trade-offs are too much for some. I can CC a Glock 23/19 all day whereas a 22 would be too much gun. At the same time, I barely notice a 26/27.

I don't have much experience with the other weapons you mentioned, but I would say you could do worse than a Glock 22.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast