Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default Re: Open Carry in Lancaster

Seems the security guy started off with the mouthy comments by asking if the guy thought he was Rambo. I'd be pissed too.

OP says he started at the Kohls store, maybe there is no sign there? And none where the Kohls meets the mall? Not everyone has time to read everything on here when they first sign up. I assume by 4 posts perhaps he isn't perusing the forum a whole lot. Could miss the mall posts.

I am a fat bitch, but I could care less if the OP wants to refer to mall cops as fat pigs when they ask if you are "Rambo or something". If the first mall cop guy hadn't said something so offensive....?

Just saying...( and no PMS this week, but p-burgh shooting has made me cranky)

As to Mennonites, I am sure I'd get the stink eye from a number of them. Amish probably wouldn't care at all, maybe roll eyes " silly English...". I've never had Amish be rude to me, but Mennonnites have not always been so nice. I got ripped by one woman for just wearing my "chicks with guns" shirt that has 2 chicken peeps with Glocks. Her husband is fine though. Whenever he would see me he would tell me about roadkill coyotes he saw LOL ( he's a truck driver).
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lancaster County)

This morning I met up with a friend for breakfast in the city and decided to head over to the mall to visit a friend of mine that manages the Banana Republic in the mall. I got there before the stores were officially open, but was allowed inside. While I was walking around, I checked a couple of the main entrances for "Gun Free Zones / Criminals Welcome" signs and did not see a single sign. So to the credit of the OP, you did not see any signs and if I were you entering the mall, I would assume I was in the right.

HOWEVER

Their Sandbox, their rules. If you are approached about an issue, ask about the policy. I would even ask if they could cite their policy or ask for it in writing. If they are not willing, just comply. Leave with your money then call up the chief of security or someone in the administration department for the mall. Be polite. You attract more bees with honey than vinegar. Who knows, maybe you are the one who could make the mall re-consider their policy. If you don't act like a jerk, they might be willing to listen and reconsider their policies. Make sure to give them a PA Patriot flier and a "No Guns = No $$$" card.

While we want our rights respected, we need to respect others rights as well. If someone does not want me to carry at their house, I won't do it, but if they start to spew their love for national health care and I do not want to hear about it, I would expect the same respect. We all have basic rights, and property rights are one of them too.

Remember, you are not just defending yourself, you are an ambassador for the Second Amendment. Much like wearing a company shirt or an organization, you are representing them and should keep that mind when you are out and about.

To the OP, I am sorry you had to learn the hard way about OC at Park City. Take this time to learn from this. We are always learning. Read a lot of the forums and the encounter posts. Learn from others experiences (good and bad) and be prepared for the next event.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Let me guess, you haven't hit 30 y.o., yet, have you?
    How does this pass since I am 23?
    Active Citizen

(Bucks County)

Was in Lancaster on Saturday....OC in Dollar Tree, Burlington Coat, Harbor Freight, Kmart, and 5 Guys on Route 30. Then the Walmart and Ephrata Diner in Ephrata.

Nobody said anything in any of them....i even had flyers with me for the first time..

(Lancaster County)

I was at park city on Saturday CC'd as usual and on my way out I stopped to look at the sign inside the one entrance. Towards the bottom of the sign it does prohibit weapons. I don't remember the exact wording but remember seeing something about deadly weapons and it might have even said something about prohibiting legal carry. I stop at the mall atleast once a week so the next time I'm there I'll take a picture and post it. I would imagine the signs are on all the mall entrances but might not be at the entrance to stores that have outside entrances.

(Berks County)

Mall pig? Bastards? rent-a-cop? Nice attitude. Please do the rest of us gun owners a favor and check your attitude before you holster your sidearm.

Along with Responsible and Law Abiding, Polite and Respectful also go with Gun Owner.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Lancaster County)

I was at Park City yesterday with my son and saw no signs (at the entrance/exit I used) with regard to firearms.

I have to say, when dealing with anyone, you need to be as professional and polite as possible. This is not always easy to do, but will earn dividends a plenty. If you wish to be respected, you must first show respect; even in the face of adversity.
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

I have also never noticed "No Guns" signs at Park City but the attitude you bring to the table (at least here) does make the rest of us look good.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    I was at park city on Saturday CC'd as usual and on my way out I stopped to look at the sign inside the one entrance. Towards the bottom of the sign it does prohibit weapons. I don't remember the exact wording but remember seeing something about deadly weapons and it might have even said something about prohibiting legal carry. I stop at the mall atleast once a week so the next time I'm there I'll take a picture and post it. I would imagine the signs are on all the mall entrances but might not be at the entrance to stores that have outside entrances.
    Of course, you won't be CCing at the mall in the future, right? Because that would be grounds for criminal trespass, as I'm sure you know.

(Lancaster County)

of course.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
    Of course, you won't be CCing at the mall in the future, right? Because that would be grounds for criminal trespass, as I'm sure you know.
    Just avoid malls all together. That's what I do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast