Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default CNN Poll.. After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush'

http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time....re-than-bushs/

After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's
    Posted by Tom Bevan | Email This | Permalink | Email Author

A rather surprising finding from the newly released CNN poll. Question three on the national survey of 1,136 adults (which includes an oversample of African-Americans) asks, "Do you consider the first six months of the Obama administration to be a success or a failure?"

Thirty-seven percent (37%) said they believe the Obama administration is a "failure," while 51% consider it a "success" and 11% say it's still "too soon to tell."

An identical question was asked of the Bush administration in an August 2001 CNN/Gallup/USA Today survey. At the time, 56% said the Bush administration was a "success" while only 32% considered it a "failure."

Default Re: CNN Poll.. After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush

Interesting but not remarkable really. The methodology of these polls is usually flawed to begin with and probably didn't match, if this poll is like any of those I used to research.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: CNN Poll.. After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush

I wouldn't be surprised if people really are unhappier with Obama. We've had it up to our eyeballs with Bush's trampling on civil rights and invading the world, and we expected Obama to stop that shit--or at least dial it back some. Instead he's exactly as bad as Bush, except for where he's worse.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't put much credence in polls, but they usually do show how people are generally feeling. This is a good poll, but Obama doesn't care...he's not going to put his agenda on hold because of a couple, silly bad polls.

(Bucks County)

Coming from CNN, I think it's very telling.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Coming from CNN, I think it's very telling.
    I am surprised they are reporting it, then again I would think they would probably focus on the positive aspects than the negative comparison to previous polls, given their druthers.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't think CNN is as bad as some make it out to be. Aside from the programs they feature with ideologue hosts, they seem to be decent at reporting from what I've seen...which is no different than Fox or any other channel (I don't watch MSNBC, so I can't say much about them).

Of course they're in the bag for the donkey party, but they still have to at least try to demonstrate neutrality.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    I don't think CNN is as bad as some make it out to be. Aside from the programs they feature with ideologue hosts, they seem to be decent at reporting from what I've seen...which is no different than Fox or any other channel (I don't watch MSNBC, so I can't say much about them).

Of course they're in the bag for the donkey party, but they still have to at least try to demonstrate neutrality.
    Well they couldn't begin to compete with State run MSNBC. But their record is clear regarding their "opinions"....errrr I mean Journalistic objectivity.
    Lou Dobbs seems to have some common sense and objectivity but the others nahh.

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    I don't think CNN is as bad as some make it out to be.
    Be that as it may, they're far worse than many realize (or care to admit).

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    An identical question was asked of the Bush administration in an August 2001 CNN/Gallup/USA Today survey. At the time, 56% said the Bush administration was a "success" while only 32% considered it a "failure."
    Maybe because Bush had taken more vacation than FDR a did in 4 terms at that point.

Too bad he didn't just stay gone...maybe his presidency wouldn't have been such a failure.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast