Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Logan's Gun Gallery, Butler County

Do they have a range and rent guns to try them out? I'd really like to test out a few 9MM pistols in preparation for a purchase but can't find a place to do so.

Looking at getting one of:

Kahr PM9
    Kahr MK9
    Walther PPS
    Glock G26 or G19
    Sig P239
    KelTec PF9
    KelTec P11

But want to try before I buy...

Quote Originally Posted by chivvalry View Post
    Do they have a range and rent guns to try them out? I'd really like to test out a few 9MM pistols in preparation for a purchase but can't find a place to do so.

Looking at getting one of:

Kahr PM9
    Kahr MK9
    Walther PPS
    Glock G26 or G19
    Sig P239
    KelTec PF9
    KelTec P11

But want to try before I buy...
    Sorry, no range or rentals there.

I personally don't know of any place like that north of Pittsburgh. I think there's a place down near Whitehall of Baldwin that has a range with rental guns, but it's insanely expensive to the point of being ridiculous.

I think you're best option around here is to find local people with the guns you want to try and ask them if they'd be willing to meet at a range somewhere so you can try them out. I know I personally might be willing to do that if I had some sort of assurance that that person is a serious person and isn't a freak, for lack of a better term.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA452 View Post
    Sorry, no range or rentals there.

I personally don't know of any place like that north of Pittsburgh. I think there's a place down near Whitehall of Baldwin that has a range with rental guns, but it's insanely expensive to the point of being ridiculous.

I think you're best option around here is to find local people with the guns you want to try and ask them if they'd be willing to meet at a range somewhere so you can try them out. I know I personally might be willing to do that if I had some sort of assurance that that person is a serious person and isn't a freak, for lack of a better term.
    LOL, I can certainly understand that. I certainly wouldn't call myself a freak. Pretty sure my teenagers wouldn't either though I imagine they have some other colorful words. I would sure appreciate it if you wouldn't mind spending some time at the range. I'd bring my own ammo of course and could bring 2-3 of my guns if you have a desire to try them.

I don't have a great selection to offer up in return but I will PM you.

Yes as far as I concerned for me there is no other place guns but Logans!!
    For me it's a longer drive but it is certainly worth it. #1 Rick is great ,friendly eager to help and VERY reasonable. I too drive past Sportsman's Supply and would only go there if I need hunting ammo as a LAST resort.

(Clarion County)

Had an issue finding info and supplies for my black powder revolver. Ran all around Clarion and surrounding area looking. Ended up at Logan's. Not only did he have the items I needed, but he gave me info I couldn't find anywhere else. I looked around while I was there, they are knowledgeable, eager to help and a great people to deal with, I have a new gun shop. I won't go anywhere else.

(Westmoreland County)

In all of my PA travels, I have never had the occasion to visit Logan's Gun Gallery. On a recent night, Petrolia VFC was running an online fund raiser due to all of the restrictions on gatherings, and I managed to win a gift card to Logan's. Called to find out that they are running appointment only, one person at a time in the store. I had never been there, so I made an appointment for 5/4 at 5pm (last appointment of the day). I found the shop easily, and as I was the only one there with the owner, followed all of the current PA restrictions that his shop is adhering to. Small shop, as you would expect, but a fairly decent selection of stuff. I had a list of possibles in my head but nothing there on that list except a S&W 360 stainless .357. In talking with Rick, he would bring out stuff that he had just gotten in and let me know some prices. showed me a couple of nice 1911's, including a used Sig TacOps and a S&W 1911 E series (new). Then I had pretty much narrowed it down to a revolver, choices being the S&W #60; a 686 6-inch, or a GP100 in 327 Federal. Before i can decide, he shows me a Ruger Super Redhawk stainless in 10mm that he just got in and on a fantastic price from his distributor. No joke, my buddy had bought the exact same gun three weeks before and paid $130 more than Rick priced it at for me. Sold. Paid the difference between my gift card and the gun cost, quick paperwork, and I was out the door at 5:35 or so.

I enjoyed the shop; I would certainly buy with no fear from Logan's again. I only hope that we can get back to a time where the shop will allow browsing since there is really no way to know what you might find there at any given time.
    Last edited by VooDoo1VooDoo1; May 5th, 2020 at 11:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12