Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Annoying CC experience at Citizen Bank Park

Went to the game today with a bunch of friends. Had my LCP in an IWB at the middle of my back. I've done this several times without any problem. This time, the security guy ran his hands just enough to realize I had something there, lifted my shirt, saw my gun and called his supervisor over. The supervisor came and told me I can't bring it in and asked me for my license, to which I refused to show and told him that I'm going to take it to the car and did.

When I returned to the gate, he proceeded to lecture me and started asking why..."what if someone talking trash to you", "what if you got drunk", "there are kids in there". I told him I don't need the lecture. He told me he could have me arrested, to which I told him the most he could do is to refuse admission. Meanwhile, a couple of cops were called over along with another supervisor. One of the cops asked me for LTCF, at first, I wanted to refuse, but my wife were visibly upset already so I gave him my LTCF. He asked me for drivers license and I gave that up too. He wrote my name into his little black book, at which time the 2nd supervisor came up to me and told that in the future, just let the security people know and they will take me to the police locker and lock the gun up. I asked him if I can do that now, he said yes.

Back to the car I went. When I returned with the gun, the first supervisor all of the sudden became very friendly and told me that had I shown him my LTCF, he would've taken me to the locker. Of course, I had no way of knowing it as neither he nor the security guard mentioned a single word about it. My wife in the mean time didn't want to violate any of their policies decided to give me her gun to put away in the locker as well. Anyway, he took us to the police room. The were 2 cops there, 1 in plain clothes, the other one was uniformed. They checked my LTCF, took down my name and phone number, then locked both guns away. I asked for a receipt, but they said they didn't have any. They told me I'm the only one with the guns here. Since the 2 security guards and 2 cops were there, along with my wife witnessing the whole thing, I did push for it.

Phillies won 7-0 against the Rockies. We left 5 minutes before the game was over and went back to the police room. There were 5 cops this time, one were standing in the hallway. They gave me the guns, I handed my wife's over to her and she immediately left the room. The plain clothes cop asked me if my wife has a license. I told him yes and hurried outside to see my wife putting her LCP on her ankle while the cop in the hallway staring at her with a complete WTF face. I wish I had a camera because his face was priceless!

Anyway, it was an annoying experience overall, but at least I know for absolutely certainty that I can lock my CCW up at the ballpark.

Al

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Annoying CC experience at Citizen Bank Park

I dont necessarily think locking it up in the "police lockers" means jack shit.
    The whole premise of a "police locker" sounds like bull to me, since the police are allowed to carry there.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(York County)

But I must say that it was pretty nice to let you put them in the locker! Something they didn't need to allow you to do but it was nice they made that available to you.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    But I must say that it was pretty nice to let you put them in the locker! Something they didn't need to allow you to do but it was nice they made that available to you.
    he put the gun in his car not the locker.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    ... in the future, just let the security people know and they will take me to the police locker and lock the gun up. I asked him if I can do that now, he said yes.

Back to the car I went. When I returned with the gun... They checked my LTCF, took down my name and phone number, then locked both guns away.
    Looks like he checked them in.
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Sounds like the security guard was an ass but it also seems that once the police got there they handled it pretty well. I think they went above and beyond by offering you a secure lock up of the gun. In my opinion, it's a heck of a lot safer in the locker than in the car. But ideally, it would have been safer on your person - but i guess you gotta play by their rules.

Next time use a pocket holster that looks like a wallet . The security won't notice if they pat you down.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    he put the gun in his car not the locker.
    Read it again.

(Philadelphia County)

I think it would've been nicer if they'd have just let him carry.

Well, at least you picked a good game to go to.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    When I returned to the gate, he proceeded to lecture me and started asking why..."what if someone talking trash to you"
    You should have said "I'm not a Philly cop, butthole. I have self restraint."

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I dont necessarily think locking it up in the "police lockers" means jack shit.
    The whole premise of a "police locker" sounds like bull to me, since the police are allowed to carry there.
    The guards told me that even off-duty cops are not allowed to carry into the game. I don't know the specific policies though

These may be for the off-duty cops mentioned above. I was the only one checking guns in out of 45,000+ attendees. The cops told me they only have 2 lockers for guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Sounds like the security guard was an ass but it also seems that once the police got there they handled it pretty well. I think they went above and beyond by offering you a secure lock up of the gun. In my opinion, it's a heck of a lot safer in the locker than in the car. But ideally, it would have been safer on your person - but i guess you gotta play by their rules.

Next time use a pocket holster that looks like a wallet . The security won't notice if they pat you down.
    I think the guards will recognize me next time I go there since all of them were fixing their eyes on me when I came back from the car. Ankle holster would be the absolute best method since they will never go down that low.

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    I think it would've been nicer if they'd have just let him carry.

Well, at least you picked a good game to go to.
    Indeed! I missed the first few innings, but it was "werth" it

Quote Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
    You should have said "I'm not a Philly cop, butthole. I have self restraint."
    I have to say, once they saw my LTCF or told that I have a LTCF, the atmosphere became a lot friendlier. Other than the first cop who wanted to make his authoritative presence known, the rest of them were professional and courteous (minus the "no receipt" part). When we went and picked up the guns, 2 other cops that weren't there originally were joking with me saying..."he looks like a nice guy, let him have the guns". There was a security guard there and he told us we could walk out the back door, which allowed for us to skip the foot traffic exiting the game.

Al

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast