Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Annoying CC experience at Citizen Bank Park

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha Java View Post
    Re the lockers:

Just remember that the Phila. P.D. claims that they will yank your LTC if you leave your gun in a car and it is stolen.

unless i'm mistaken, only the bucks county sheriff's department can yank my ltcf... i heard philly can't do shit about it. i mean i don't know how much of philly's crap bucks county takes... considering most of us here in bucks county hate philadelphia as we are mostly refugees from their city wage tax and abuse of good working class people with property taxes going to the welfare rats in the hood.

i also notice that the more we talk about cc at cbp, the stronger their pat downs get there... i got reamed and followed for a whole game thanks to them catching my 38 snubbie
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
    unless i'm mistaken, only the bucks county sheriff's department can yank my ltcf... i heard philly can't do shit about it. i mean i don't know how much of philly's crap bucks county takes... considering most of us here in bucks county hate philadelphia as we are mostly refugees from their city wage tax and abuse of good working class people with property taxes going to the welfare rats in the hood.

i also notice that the more we talk about cc at cbp, the stronger their pat downs get there... i got reamed and followed for a whole game thanks to them catching my 38 snubbie
    Correct. The only authority who can revoke your LTCF is the issuing authority at their discretion. Outside authority can still contact the issue authority and make recommendations, but non-biding.

The good thing is that you once they discover you, you can ask to have your gun locked up in the police locker.

Al

gonna be at this sunday game, will take all your advises. if discovered it's i'm gonna ask for the lockers and i'll make sure i have paper and pen

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    gonna be at this sunday game, will take all your advises. if discovered it's i'm gonna ask for the lockers and i'll make sure i have paper and pen
    An LCP in a soft pocket holster will work.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    Have fun man!

Quote Originally Posted by msp701 View Post
    An LCP in a soft pocket holster will work.
    Pockets are the areas that they will pat down for sure. I'd try LCP in ankle holster and try to find a line that they don't pat down or minimal pat down.

Al

(Montgomery County)

I was at the game Friday night (horrible loss) and was searched more than I have ever been in the past, even for a Mets game. I guess it was because the Mets were in town, there was definitely more cops on hand than at most games. They still did not check the front of my waistband. They did check my pockets pretty good though and the sides and back of my waistband.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

i have never been checked at a game. but then again, i haven't been to a game in a year or so.
    FJB

(Philadelphia County)

BAD idea leaving it in your car, especially at a phillies game where cars get robbed left and right. If your gun is in your car in Philadelphia and is stolen...Bye bye LTCF...Never to been seen again. It's bull I know, but they can and will do it in a heartbeat. I know a guy that appealed and lost, and he said there were 7 others there doing the same thing and they all lost their appeals as well. The phillies are great but the city sucks...

(Northumberland County)

For give me if I'm off base here but I was under the inpression that the reason that they give you that little peice of paper and tell you to carry it when you are carrying a firearm is so that they can identify who you are and that your are permitted to carry a loaded and conceald firearm as he was doing. The officer asked to see his LTCF so that he could verify that he was indeed permited to carry a concealed weapon. The fact that security was aware that he had a concealed weapon gave the officer probabal cause to ask for the LTCF. I think that security and the LEOs handled this situation very well, other than not getting a raceipt for the checked firearms.

I think there are some people that need to relax a little bit and not let their paranoia cloud their logical thinking. The vast majority of LEOs are not the evil spawn of satin that many people make them out to be. If an LEO wants to see my LTCF and I am carrying I will be more than happy to provide it to them thats why I was given that peice of paper. If an LEO wants to secure my weapon during a traffic stop, thats fine with me; it just reduces the chance of him mistaking some nonthreatening movement I might make for me attempting to dram my weapon. These are simply my opinoins take them or leave them. But some of the paranoia here is a little over the top.

(Montgomery County)

gonna be there this wednesday, any tips on how i should carry my glock? I have a crossbreed supertuck and usually carry at about the 4:00 position. Woulld this be discovered in a pat down? I've been to games before not carrying and have never been pat down or wanded or anything.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast