Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default PAFOA Reciprocity Page updated to include Colorado/Lousiana Information.

PAFOA Pennsylvania Reciprocity.

This week I spoke with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office, the Louisiana State Police and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to discuss the issue regarding Louisiana and Colorado's reciprocity status with Pennsylvania.

Louisiana has claimed to have an agreement with Pennsylvania since sometime in December and Colorado has had one since the end of May.

There is no question that Louisiana and Colorado honor Pennsylvania's permit but I have not yet marked Pennsylvania as honoring theirs until the Pennsylvania Attorney General updates their website to reflect these agreements as it is questionable whether Pennsylvania law enforcement has been made aware of these new agreements.

Have a good one.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Default Re: PAFOA Reciprocity Page updated to include Colorado/Lousiana Information.

Great work Dan.

Default Re: PAFOA Reciprocity Page updated to include Colorado/Lousiana Information.

thanks for the info, I appreciate it

(York County)

The AGs, PAFOA, and packing.org site all have reciprocity maps, and they are all slightly different. Any idea which one is closest to being right?
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Delaware County)

it seems that dan has literature to back up his map. id go by that one.

Always go by the attorney generals website, PDO can be wrong and not care, other websites can be wrong and don't care. The AG websites are a GOVERNMENT site.

It better be right, and it's better to be out of date with reciprocity than to jump the gun based off of here say (which it is until you physically read the bills from the states covering reciprocity agreements) or read it on a valid government web site.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Franklin County)

hang on.....what about the whole stink and hoop-la that's going on about the non-resident permits, NH, FL, TX, TN, etc...... cause just looking at the map here ( and the PA AG's) I would think that the non-res permits are good too....... comments?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    The AGs, PAFOA, and packing.org site all have reciprocity maps, and they are all slightly different. Any idea which one is closest to being right?
    At this point packing.org should be considered out of date and unreliable for most of their information. Whoever captain's that ship has been asleep at the wheel for quite a while.

PAFOA is almost always the same as the AG's site with some exceptions. If you see something that is different on ours from the AG website it is because the AG's website is wrong. For example the AG's website still has not updated their map to reflect that Arizona honors all permits regardless of agreement.

I am very careful in updating anything in the 'law' section of the website as posting wrong information is worse than posting no information, which is why it took me so long to get Colorado/Louisiana up. But I spoke to all parties involved and found the necessary websites.

I am very confident in our reciprocity map and, while I am obviously biased, I would say that ours is the most accurate at any given time.
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    Always go by the attorney generals website, PDO can be wrong and not care, other websites can be wrong and don't care. The AG websites are a GOVERNMENT site.

It better be right, and it's better to be out of date with reciprocity than to jump the gun based off of here say (which it is until you physically read the bills from the states covering reciprocity agreements) or read it on a valid government web site.
    jdlv is correct, in the end always trust a government site because they are the ultimate authority (and the ones that are going to lock you up for not following the law) That is why everything on our reciprocity page links to the pages/agreements on government websites regarding each state.
    Last edited by danp; June 10th, 2007 at 12:28 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Thanks Dan for taking the time and being precise in your updates. I greatly appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast