Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Cash for Clunkers? Wanton Destruction of Good Vehicles, More Like

This'll make you just about want to puke and/or cry.

Oh, yeah, let's stimulate the economy by getting rid of perfectly serviceable late-model automobiles.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Cash for Clunkers? Wanton Destruction of Good Vehicles, More Like

That looked like a decent car.

(Adams County)

I have mixed feelings about the program, but if you own the car, and you decide to trade it in to be destroyed, isn't that your right?

If I want to enter my car into a demolition derby I can. I'm not sure why the uproar.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I have mixed feelings about the program, but if you own the car, and you decide to trade it in to be destroyed, isn't that your right?

If I want to enter my car into a demolition derby I can. I'm not sure why the uproar.
    Watch some of the videos and see how much oil and antifreeze is lost on the ground. Whoever thought this program up didn't think through the process to seize the engines very well. Oh, it's a real green initiative, yessirree Bob.

(Allegheny County)

That is a 1999 Twin Turbo 2.9L S80.
    Practically a worthless piece of crap.
    Retailed at $38-$40K and is worth at the most in mint condition
    about $3,700, in average condition $3,300.

It is a nice car that eats electronics and transmissions.
    If you love giving money to your Volvo mechanic get one.

One man's jalopy is another man's Cadillac ...

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=jalopy

(Lancaster County)

You do realize this is a scheme to destroy the used car business.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Monroe County)

It has NOTHING to do with green anything, its 100% designed as a bailout of the auto industry to ensure that the gov't owned car companies can move a lot of cars so it looks like they are productive and viable.

They are destroying the old cars because they don't want people buying used vehicles as none of that money goes back to Detroit or the auto industry.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    Watch some of the videos and see how much oil and antifreeze is lost on the ground. Whoever thought this program up didn't think through the process to seize the engines very well. Oh, it's a real green initiative, yessirree Bob.
    Is what they are doing specifically required in the program instructions? I know the motor has to be destroyed, but is over reving it how it is supposed to be done?

As fo rgetting oil all over the lot, the dealer is just stupid not to have a tarp or something down.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Berks County)

Well since it was a Volvo I would say this was a mercy killing lol.

Now I wonder what these geinuses are going to do now that the Cash for Clumkers program after only 4 days is now bankrupt????

If these fine upstading leeches of MY tax money didn't get that car traded in on time then all I gotta say is..........karma is a biotch.
    gotta love her ;)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast