Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Tunkhannock carnival is here

I got to drop by last year but only for about ten minutes. I grabbed a funnel cake and a slice of pizza and wolfed it down on my way back to the car.
    Couple things are different this year.
    First: I will have time to actually stick around.
    Two: last year I didn't know about OC
    So to the meat of the issue. Do you think I would be allowed to OC there? I've heard quite a few police wander around and guard the beer tent. As far as I know it's fire dept owned. Does that make it publc property? Could I be forced to leave if asked by the police?
    Would I be pushing my luck trying to get into the beer tent while OCing?
    I really want to go but would prefer to be able to carry. Plus it might just be horror stories but my coworker lives in Tunk and claimed there is a stabbing almost every year near the beer tent.
    I don't wanna get drunk but I thought it would be nice to grab a pint and a slice of greasy faire food.
    Anyone go to the tunk carnival? What are some thoughts?
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Tunkhannock carnival is here

First let me say that I do not OC, not that I don't agree with it but at the moment it is just not for me. I would on the other hand CC at the fair, and then you would have no problem with the cops or getting into the beer tent.
    OC in a fair setting you would have to be EXTRA situationally aware just because of the mass of people and children in the area, I know I am always bumping into people. I think the major issue would be the cops in this situation. Just think if you were to CC then you would be able to relax alittle more without wondering if someone would make an issue of it.
    Sorry for the long post
    JMHO

knighted4

(Luzerne County)

I'll OC at the Tunk fair..... Buy me a beer and we have a date

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lackawanna County)

Knighted4 I am on my phone at work so I can't post a picture but I think I might have one up in the "how well you can conceal" thread.
    In my current setup I carry a glock 30 which has a significantly thicker slide than your average glock. That combined with my OWB holster means I print very badly.
    I normally OC everywhere and the only two exceptions are if I enter a bank (comfort level is too low lol. Plus I picture those nice ladies smiling at me while repeatedly stabbing the panic button ) and I will either put it away or CC when my uncle comes over. He is the type of anti that has a nervous fit when he sees it. I mean pacing and shaking so bad his voice quivers. Odd to see from a hard core moto x rider and a guy with two sleeves and one leg sleeve of solid ink. But it's family what ya gonna do?
    My concern was more of a take it or leave it. In this case OC or leave it home. My worry isnt the folks of Tunkhannock. It's a pretty tight knit town with an apparently low number of loons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    I'll OC at the Tunk fair..... Buy me a beer and we have a date
    Buy you a beer? That's just too good to pass up! Were you serious?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    As far as I know it's fire dept owned. Does that make it publc property? Could I be forced to leave if asked by the police?
    I was wondering this myself. Is FD property considered private property or public property and are they subject to pre-emtion?
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post
    I was wondering this myself. Is FD property considered private property or public property and are they subject to pre-emtion?
    It depends. If the Fire Department is a private entity (Like the one I used to run with when I first got into Firefighting) it is Private Property owned by the corporation of the fire company itself.

If it is a Community Based, or Publicly Owned department, then it is public property and subject to preemption.

(Lawrence County)

Knighted4 I am on my phone at work so I can't post a picture but I think I might have one up in the "how well you can conceal" thread.
    In my current setup I carry a glock 30 which has a significantly thicker slide than your average glock. That combined with my OWB holster means I print very badly.
    I normally OC everywhere and the only two exceptions are if I enter a bank (comfort level is too low lol. Plus I picture those nice ladies smiling at me while repeatedly stabbing the panic button ) and I will either put it away or CC when my uncle comes over. He is the type of anti that has a nervous fit when he sees it. I mean pacing and shaking so bad his voice quivers. Odd to see from a hard core moto x rider and a guy with two sleeves and one leg sleeve of solid ink. But it's family what ya gonna do?
    My concern was more of a take it or leave it. In this case OC or leave it home. My worry isnt the folks of Tunkhannock. It's a pretty tight knit town with an apparently low number of loons.

In that case I would OC, heck if I had a owb holster i might even give it a go for a beer...lol

Buy you a beer? That's just too good to pass up! Were you serious?

knighted4
    ARTICAL l SECTION 21
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

What part of this DON'T you understand?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighted4 View Post
    knighted4
    ARTICAL l SECTION 21
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

If only everyone saw it was that simple. Must be our constitution is too vague. Makes sense to me.

I asked one of the vol fire fighters and he doesn't know if it's privately or publicly owned.

(Lawrence County)

If only everyone saw it was that simple. Must be our constitution is too vague. Makes sense to me.

I asked one of the vol fire fighters and he doesn't know if it's privately or publicly owned.
    Maybe they should add the "what part of this DON'T you understand ?" part to the Constitution...lol

knighted4

ARTICAL l SECTION 21

(Lackawanna County)

Updates:
    I talked to two local fire fighters. The fire dept is publicly owned.
    The beer tent is run by the fire fighters. They have an alcohol license.
    The one I work with says he's pretty sure that it's private security not police at the tent gate.
    They are both sure I won't be allowed in the beer area while armed. They are also irritated that I would want to OC and one of then carries himself.
    That's pretty disappointing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast