Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default And you want them handling your medical?

"If they can't administer a program like this, I'd be a little concerned about my health insurance," car salesman Rob Bojaryn said.
    NEW YORK (CBS)
    Drivers were dumping their old cars in exchange for up to $4,500, as part of the federal Cash for Clunkers program.

"Cash for Clunkers" came to a screeching halt Thursday, after only six days on the road.

In a shocker, the government announced it would suspend the program at midnight because demand was too great.

It may have been the best $1 billion the government has spent so far this year.

Business was humming at Crestmont Toyota/Volkswagen Thursday night as salespeople rushed back to work on news that the government's "Cash for Clunkers" program was being suspended.

It's the deal where you get up to $4,500 for your older low mileage beast if you buy a new car with more efficient fuel consumption.

On Thursday night we learned the program was only good until midnight, all because of a backlog of red tape. So the salespeople were trying to get their deals through the government's Web site.

Full story at wcbstv

(Delaware County)

Default Re: And you want them handling your medical?

what another bright idea made possible by our .gov
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Berks County)

That car salesman's quote should be the battle cry to defeat this nonsense.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Lackawanna County)

Bitching about this will do not good,the gov. is going to spend the mega bucks anyway so why not let the little guy get some, this is the one thing that is worhing and the people want it or would you rather the banks and investment firms get the money so they can give out even more bonus bucks.
    Look, we, us our kids,our grand kids will be paying this off anyway so why bitch when we get a small piece of the action. You and I cannot stop the gov. they will print and spend.
    redeye202

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    Bitching about this will do not good,the gov. is going to spend the mega bucks anyway so why not let the little guy get some, this is the one thing that is worhing and the people want it or would you rather the banks and investment firms get the money so they can give out even more bonus bucks.
    Look, we, us our kids,our grand kids will be paying this off anyway so why bitch when we get a small piece of the action. You and I cannot stop the gov. they will print and spend.
    redeye202
    Being part of the solution is just too much to ask, Right?

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Lancaster County)

While the gov may still spend the bucks, it doesn't mean that the average person should throw out their bought and paid for car and take on a new loan. And to then take what is most likely a viable vehicle and destroy it is ridiculous. Good luck finding a used car if this keeps up.

The way out of this recession isn't by going into more debt. Debt is what caused it to begin with. This is a feel good plan that will back fire in the end.
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001